PDA

View Full Version : Power Window will not roll down

89accordhb
07-22-2002, 07:32 PM
So it rained today and on my way home from work I couldn't get the passenger window to go back up. The fuse was ok. The relay in the fuse box is ok. The switch seems ok. Nothing is working.

I dont think the motor is dead unless it just decided today was its last day. I havent had any problems in the past.

Anyone had a problem like this before? I guess I'll try and go get another switch at the junkyard and see if that is my problem.

Thanks for any help.:confused:

YK86
07-22-2002, 11:37 PM
I would take off the door panel and make sure all wiring is okay. My car had frayed rear door wires on both sides when I bought it causing the power windows to not work at all. If everything looks okay, I would tap into the motor wires and hook up a 12V source and another for ground. Reverse the 12V and ground wires to make it go the opposite direction.

Mantis88LX
07-23-2002, 10:00 AM
my drivers side window was messed up when i bought it, i took the door panel off and checked all the wires and connnectors, sometimes the connectors will vibrate loose, so check em all, that was what was wrong with mine

smufguy
07-23-2002, 11:31 AM
the aculator would be stuck like its stuck on my rear pass door. Just take it apart, use some lithium grease and check everything is free in motion. it should work fine without any trouble. also check the rubber thingie on the top bottom of the glass. check if its broke and stuck

DreamWalker
07-23-2002, 01:42 PM
My driver side window stoped working....i had to replace the motor in the driver side door and replace the switch.....it just stoped working all together .....i got the motor for like 10 at a junkyard out of a 88 4 door works fine now

89accordhb
07-23-2002, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

Well I got it to go up so I can at least now take it out of the garage. I just hooked up the cigarette lighter directly to the motor and it went up.

I checked all the connections and I can't seem to get it figued out. Maybe the switch is bad or something? I could only find 2 connections on the door, both seemed ok. Is there something I'm missing here?

Thanks again.

RedneckRicer
07-23-2002, 09:15 PM
i had the same problem for awhile with mine, i could roll down the passenger window from the panel on the drivers side, but couldn't roll it up, changed the panel and it all works great now

vtec11
07-24-2002, 06:14 AM
My drivers side window would not work most of time. I replaced the motor, which was a real bitch to get out and still it didn't work.

It turned out, it was the power window module, the black box thingy behind the panel, like right behind the switches.

i put my old motor back, and it worked too...

try that...

89accordhb
07-28-2002, 10:18 AM
Well, I think it is this piece that is bad. At least I hope.

http://www.thepaul.net/forsale/images/ineedthis01.jpg

I kinda looked inside and it looks a little corroded. Hopefully I can pick some up at a junkyard unless anyone has some extras???

monsonhonda
07-28-2002, 03:54 PM
well i got a problem with my driver side window, it moves, but at the bottom it goes wicked slow, like 5 seccvonds for the last 3 inches, and when it goes up it doesnt seal, the back upper corner leaves a gap, but if you push it in it will seal, any ideas.

thanks

fussell