PDA

View Full Version : Leather Interiors

Ludi Mali
08-05-2004, 03:00 PM
Saw this on TV a couple weeks ago and just remembered it,
www.katzkin.com, They looked to be good quality, and they do have ones for our cars. A little on the pricey side tho, i think i read 600-700 for just the seats, not sure about rest of interior.

HondaBoy
08-06-2004, 06:40 AM
yeah, they've been around a while now. i remember members here talking about it a long time ago. if they had 3rd gen prelude front seats and the 3rd gen accord back seat, i'd see about it. but they only have the front seats for the 3gee. i'm gonna wait on getting the seats recovered on mine. maybe they will have some new stuff soon.

kauffman21
01-18-2005, 11:39 AM
ive installed katzkin leathers 5days a week for 3 years now, i like them alot. kits come with the front seat backs, front seat cushions, back seat backs, back seat cushions and door panels, warranty cards and sample leather cleaner/conditioner. at my job we use katzkin, d.k. schweizer, and bartlett. katzkin recently bought d.k. so id say pretty soon they'll be the same......

NXRacer
01-18-2005, 11:49 AM
didnt Stacy from Trucks! on SpikeTV install KatSkins on one of his project trucks?? They look like a good option for a budget re-upholster job.

RobT5580
01-18-2005, 12:41 PM
This is what TK has in his sedan if im not mistaken. I might still be getting one done if i find a way to work in the A/C with my turbo. Leather with no A/C is not a good idea my other option was recaro's which are not cheap and will cost almost twice as much as the leather by the time i buy the brackets and have the rear seat done to match.

mykwikcoupe
01-23-2005, 01:41 AM
why recaro look at the old momos or the bride seats. Ive got the brides in the tbird. a little step down so there comming out and going to the bro for his 93 teg. I need those momos. last time i swa them was like 2000 and they were 2200 a piece. ouch. 6 way power and all

HostileJava
01-23-2005, 06:10 AM
Are you sure they are still available for our cars? I just went to there website and from 1989 they only list acura not honda.

kauffman21
01-23-2005, 08:25 AM
you talking about katzkin? all the older stuff you have to call and order, they have it...i did one about 4 months ago....black g3 with black leather/red suede inserts

HostileJava
01-23-2005, 08:34 AM
Ah, ok. I guess that explaines it.

Hash_man_Se_i
01-23-2005, 12:11 PM
why recaro look at the old momos or the bride seats. Ive got the brides in the tbird. a little step down so there comming out and going to the bro for his 93 teg. I need those momos. last time i swa them was like 2000 and they were 2200 a piece. ouch. 6 way power and all

Are you kidding, Brides a step down from Momo? I know brides can go for like close to 2000 a piece, but I cant say I have ever seen a Momo seat that expensive. And personally I agree with rob that Recaros would be awesome, but it's hard justifying spending that much on seats, for me at least.

mykwikcoupe
01-23-2005, 05:55 PM
no no. brides were a step down from the stock. No power options. no heated seats. You know the important stuff. Im not even sure if momos are making seats anymore. Id like the recaros myself but theres the toss up of size and fit you know.

RobT5580
01-23-2005, 08:02 PM
Katzkin will make what ever you want if they dont have the pattern already. Im not sure what i want yet but the Black Recaro's have been on my list for a while now but im not sure if i can justify spending $1000 just for the seats then a few more on brackets/belts etc. But i wont do leather w/o AC thats for sure so we will see how my fabrication goes on getting a custom bracket made to bolt up the A20 AC pump to the B20A block.

Interior will be the last thing i do so i will worry about it when the time comes probably in the summer.

w00tw00t111
01-24-2005, 04:25 AM
no no. brides were a step down from the stock. No power options. no heated seats. You know the important stuff. Im not even sure if momos are making seats anymore. Id like the recaros myself but theres the toss up of size and fit you know.

OMG your 3g has power options and heated seats!!! I have automatic windows. They automatically roll up when you turn the window crank. j/k. Did they make all that stuff as options in '89? That's pretty cool.

In regards to the bride/momo. My friend has momo's in his civic and they are really uncomfortable. Maybe that's how there supposed to be to provide firmness in the turns but, I know that for a passanger just riding along it didn't feel to great.

I actually like the 3g's stock seats. They have a nice lip on either side and are firm but, not too firm. Since, I like them I just can't justify replacing them although I would like a set of recaro's in there. I would say replace only the driver seat but, that would be pretty :rice:

mykwikcoupe
01-24-2005, 11:42 PM
I was referring to my thunderbird. ive still got the stockers in the 3g