PDA

View Full Version : how thermovalve works?

rehv_Aerodeck86
08-06-2004, 01:36 AM
how thermovalve works? the plastic one behind the intake manifold for example.
while removing vacuum lines , i managed to break one.

A20A1
08-06-2004, 02:06 AM
I think it operates much like a thermostat... there is a small valve inside, at a certain temp the valve moves... opens or closes

Vacuum usually bleeds below a certain temp (122 F) for the thermowax valve A that controlls the secondary diaphragm

I suppose the same occus for thermovalve A... below (52 F) it shouldn't hold vacuum. It should hold vacuum at (77 F) or above

rehv_Aerodeck86
08-06-2004, 02:22 AM
yep..it sounds logical... at first inspection this lil thingie looked quite plain and pointless .. i thought it was just a vacuum splitter screwed to the manifold and isn't connected :kekeke: .

A20A1
08-06-2004, 02:25 AM
Which one did you break? Do you still have choke?

rehv_Aerodeck86
08-06-2004, 05:03 AM
well...i have the european model - this one has different valves and coinnections than US.
when i did the vacuum line removing i was suprised that the car was working like a champ after that...because after starting the project by the how-to, i went nuts. i didnt have half the lines that described and all the termovalves and shit is different.... vac. lines numbers too

there are two plastic thermovalves (blue colored i think), both had 3 ends. after my "modding" both had 2 ..and i was like ...wtf... :ugh: gonna vist honda service and pay my ass off for 1 plastic thingie? hell no... so i randomly connected all the remaining vac. lines to the empty thermovalve's terminals, without knowing what lines are these. :lol:

anyway ... here's my manifold. in th eupper right corner , u can see th evalve. another on exactly like this should be couple of inches to the left (behind the upper right carb connection bolt)

http://www.mixib.ee/honda/manifold2.jpg

i guess after a year i should rebuild my carb and seriously inspect this vacuum mess