PDA

View Full Version : Removing Vacuum Advance

sporkHSP
08-08-2004, 12:44 AM
i noticed that the plastic bolt hole was brocken on mine this past week, dont know how long its been that way but i wanna swap the vacuum advance out soon, so if anyone knows how to disconnect it i would apreciate it. its haging by the internal screw and spring right now.

A20A1
08-08-2004, 02:42 AM
You really can't just swap it out, unless you find a diphragm from the same type of distributor... there is a clip I believe that secures the arm thingy to the distributor, I tried swaping diaphragms from the other 2 types and they didn't work, bolt holes and the way the arm hooks up inside is different.

most diaphragms use two bolts though and usualy can get by with only one there.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
08-08-2004, 06:25 AM
To get to the internal mounting, you need to remove the cap, rotor, and the plastic piece that covers the internals. You should then see a plate to which the advance arm hooks up. If I am not mistaken, it is just a single E-clip that needs to be removed.

sporkHSP
08-08-2004, 11:27 PM
yeah, i was hoping i didnt have to disassemble the distributor to do it, but oh well... mine only had one plastic clip in it, and its brocken so i guess ill check which one i have and find a matching distributor at the j/y. thanks guys.
it seems like you are the only two that really ever respond to my questions, kinda wierd

TheMagi
08-12-2004, 07:00 AM
i noticed that the plastic bolt hole was brocken on mine this past week, dont know how long its been that way but i wanna swap the vacuum advance out soon, so if anyone knows how to disconnect it i would apreciate it. its haging by the internal screw and spring right now.