PDA

View Full Version : this may sound stupid but hear me out

mattdx88
08-08-2004, 05:35 PM
k i hate having a carb so i was thinking about this,and if its alredy been done then tell me, ill get an intake manifold to fit my stock engine and hook up an cold air intake to it and connect the carb vaccume lines to the intake,it would be pulling the air through like normal...wouldn't it? :dunno:

shepherd79
08-08-2004, 06:22 PM
do you know what you just said, because i didn't.
i have no idea what you are talking about.
get your ideas straight first.

mattdx88
08-08-2004, 06:35 PM
there you go check it again i think i fixed it

AccordAddict
08-08-2004, 06:58 PM
:stupid:

rehv_Aerodeck86
08-08-2004, 08:40 PM
welcome to the board :lol:

88accordalltheway
08-08-2004, 08:43 PM
i think he wants to do an efi swap but then again... :kekeke:

A20A1
08-08-2004, 08:46 PM
you don't need any lines from the carb to the intake... if you are trying to maintain the stock setup then just get the civic airbox and drill new holes to hold the variour air bleed valves that were in the stock intake... the add your cold air system to the civic airbox and there you are.

Blue Impact
08-08-2004, 10:51 PM
Hey, save yourself the trouble and get a LX-i or a SE-i if you can find one. Good luck and welcome aboard.

mattdx88
08-09-2004, 12:41 PM
well i was thinking about the lx-i conversion but i cant find ANY lx-i's around here :mad: but i really want to convert to EFI so about how much will that cost me provided i can find what i need ???

and im not to worried about keeping it stock, but i dont have money to do an engine swap anymore or i would have swaped to a vtec already but i decided to get a little sound set up :rockon:

wprocomp
08-09-2004, 01:14 PM
just use mikes(A20A1) diagram on removing the vaccum lines,that mod is better than any intake mod,then all you will have to worry about is hooking up one line if you do decide to go with a custom carb intake

AccordEpicenter
08-09-2004, 05:14 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

k i hate having a carb so i was thinking about this,and if its alredy been done then tell me, ill get an intake manifold to fit my stock engine and hook up an cold air intake to it and connect the carb vaccume lines to the intake,it would be pulling the air through like normal...wouldn't it?

The wheels are turning.... hes thinking (this is good... esp for a noob) welcome to the board