PDA

View Full Version : B20's!!!

Civvy
08-09-2004, 04:52 AM
How many more people have b20's? what have you done to them? i've searched and searched and found a few but i want to be nosy, whats people upto with these B20's?
Turbz? DCOE's? = nobody finishes their threads!!

Turbz = Turbo is a turbo and can be bolted to anything?
DCOE's = we can use teg DCOE manifolds?
ITB's?
or is everyone just making mild minor modifications at the mo?

Come on guys! this engine was the foundation of the B series HONDA engine used for two years in our cars and then slightly modified to fit under the hood of the 3rd gen Lude, more modified to fit in the new tegs/crv's/civics etc.
The HONDA engine today, basically is structured around our B20a1!!!

:rice: mmm..Like having the balls of bull

A20A1
08-09-2004, 05:08 AM
well with the DOHC JDM B20A (no number after "A") the intake manifold is close enough to the B16a and B18c design that manifolds from those motors will fit, it is a match for the A20 manifold.

The 3rd gen lude had a different B20 then the one in the accord if I'm not mistaken, especially if you are refering to the B20A4 you told me was SOHC... definate no match.

There is already a turbo B20 that was done, and now a few more are taking up their own turbo B20 projects... plenty of pics too... you should search a little more. I'm not sure what you mean by nobody finishing their threads... what are you looking for exactly?

There is a guy in Australia or New Zeland with the B20A and Dual Webers.

Civvy
08-09-2004, 05:27 AM
do u know what forum he's on or a contact?

Yea, i knew that about the b18c Acura integra manifold will fit i was about to order one just before i blew my b20! but, i was running it as a guneia pig engine on a very rich running stock carb/mani and Lude a18 dizzy.

The third gen (b20a4 sohc) Lude was one i'd come across in the yard and i had compared gaskets and realised it was a different mani but, as i said the stock carbs are rubber mounted and are intechangable without involvment of the inlet mani --- for a nice change!! (unlike honda!)

A20A1
08-09-2004, 05:58 AM
They are all on 3geez, I don't know their usernames they haven't posted in a long time... the DCOE or the turbo guy... But they still may have their e-mail address in their profile...

I never said the keihin carbs weren't interchangable... but if they were the same size in mm then it wasn't worth swapping them over.

Anyways here are other keihins... there are a few that could work
http://www.keihin-us.com/after.html