PDA

View Full Version : Hood sound proofing?

87pimpsterdocious
07-23-2002, 12:18 AM
Does anyone know of safe hood sound proofing? I'm planning on coating my whole (stripped) interior with truck bed lining (don't want to spend the $ on the name brand stuff), but I don't think that'll be safe for the hood. Thanks.

87pimpsterdocious
07-23-2002, 02:28 PM
no one's ever seen/heard of/ done this before? I don't quite believe that, help me out guys.

shepherd79
07-23-2002, 06:56 PM
well it is not a sound proofing but it is more like to keep engine warm in the winter. i did this on my car. it did help just a little with sound but not much. i don't even know what it called. all i know in US they use this for Halloween parties. it is like white blanket. In Russia we use the same stuff to wrap the oil pipes (at least that what my dad told me). it is good stuff to keep your engine warm but it sucks on the sound. i would say, go to the junk yard and pick the biggest one from some other car. try to get from 4gen accord. and you may be able to cut to the size.
well good luck.

kennycm
07-31-2002, 07:02 AM
Try a rug like material called dynamat, summitracing sells it.

Dman87LX
08-03-2002, 05:24 PM
the dynamat stuff is like 15 bux for a sheet which is really small.. i say youd be better off letting some stereo instalation place customize your car for such sound proofing, better results and they would use the top of the line shiznit..worth the extra $$$ if your into your music..i know i am

87pimpsterdocious
08-04-2002, 12:07 AM
I can roll dynamat/raamat/whatever brand, but I was looking for something cheaper. That's why i asked. There is a special dynamat hood kit, but it costs $70 and I was just wondering if anything out there was cheaper. Thanks though.