PDA

View Full Version : Got a closer look, my car can't be repaired. Time to part it out.

Jims 86LXI HB
07-23-2002, 02:09 AM
Dang it! I removed all the bent up pieces that I could remove from the front on my car and their's no way it can be repaired. The whole front unibody it bent. I was going to tow it to a body shop and find out how much. But after looking at how bad it's bent up, I think theirs to much chance that they won't be able to make it like new again and I will have wasted my money.

I don't have allot of time to devote to removing the parts and I'm not sure I want to sell the rims & tires. The muffler is not for sale.
And accordlx has asked for the revalved Bilsteins first. The only thing I'm offering right now is the header. The other things will be avaible as I have time to remove them, H&R springs, front and rear koni's, stock rear sway bar, painted valve cover, and the slotted dimpled brembo's and EBC pads. If you have a want, pm me and I'll save the pm and pm you if you still interested when I am able to have it ready. I figured you guys would ask so that why I mentioned the parts

Big Body LX
07-23-2002, 04:05 AM
Where'd you get the H&R springs to begin with? And are they the correct spring rate for the 86-89 Accord or are they for another car?

Jims 86LXI HB
07-23-2002, 08:57 AM
I got them from morepoweracing.com They are for the 3rd gen accord. Bilstein H.D.'s, just like tokico H.P.'s are not really stiff enough in the front for duty with lowering springs, and the H&R's are really NOT that stiff! I tried the Bilsteins, could not stand them so I pulled them off and replaced them with Koni's, vastly superior. But later I decided to send the Bilsteins back to Bilstein to have them revalved to test them out. Springs from other honda's won't work as they are not the same diameter or length.
You can use sleaved coilovers ment for other honda's though, and I see no reason why you could not us true coilovers ment for say a teg or a civic, providing that the struts on them are not taller than the stock 3rd gen accord, which is why you cannot use 4th gen struts, they are WAY! to tall.

doug
07-23-2002, 09:09 AM
it sounds like a pretty good hit in the front. any chance the header cracked? same thing with the front konis? and what are
you looking for the 4 konis? any idea what shipping on the header to the east coast?

YK86
07-23-2002, 09:45 AM
That really sucks. Are you sure you don't want to swap stuff to a new 3rd gen?? If not, I'm interested in the front Koni's.

AZmike
07-23-2002, 10:38 AM
That's a real shame about your car. I've had to clean up after a few wrecks on my 3gee, but they were all minor.

I'm interested in the pressure hose from the PS pump and the control valve for the PS rack (all the PS fittings connect into, held on my two vertical bolts). What do you think a fair price is?

Jims 86LXI HB
07-23-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by YK86
That really sucks. Are you sure you don't want to swap stuff to a new 3rd gen?? If not, I'm interested in the front Koni's.

Yeah I really gave it allot of thought Yasu, I mean allot. But since I want a airbag equipped car that means a 94+ teg for me and I can't afford to buy that and another 3g. But I can next year:D I'll pm you about the koni's I really want to sell them as a set, and I'll pm you about why.

Jims 86LXI HB
07-23-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by doug
it sounds like a pretty good hit in the front. any chance the header cracked? same thing with the front konis? and what are
you looking for the 4 konis? any idea what shipping on the header to the east coast?

Well after I pulled off as many bent up parts as I could, I went about removing the radiator to be able to get at the header. Not a scratch. I have it for sale in the market section, check it out their. I'll pm you later about the Koni's.

Jims 86LXI HB
07-23-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by 89LXi4dr
That's a real shame about your car. I've had to clean up after a few wrecks on my 3gee, but they were all minor.

I'm interested in the pressure hose from the PS pump and the control valve for the PS rack (all the PS fittings connect into, held on my two vertical bolts). What do you think a fair price is?

I'll have to see how hard it would be to get to. I'll still off work and I can't do anything to hard. I'll check it out. I would be very fair on the price. But if it's difficult to get at, it won't happen soon.

bobafett
07-23-2002, 12:42 PM
hey are the headers still for sale? and if so, for how much?

i might also want the valve cover if the price is right//

i doubt i can afford much more, but rear konis might be nice as well! (if its worth it to replace rear tokicos with konis!)

AZmike
07-23-2002, 02:22 PM
Nevermind on that PS stuff Jim. Mine seems ok again.

My PS fluid level goes down...the next day it's back up. I'm not going to tear that system apart again until it stays down. It only moves about a quarter inch, but after resealing my pump and replacing the rack I'd really like not to be leaking fluid.

Jims 86LXI HB
07-23-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by bobafett
hey are the headers still for sale? and if so, for how much?

i might also want the valve cover if the price is right//

i doubt i can afford much more, but rear konis might be nice as well! (if its worth it to replace rear tokicos with konis!)

Check the market section for a reply on the headers.

$20 for the valve cover, just what I paid for it, UNPAINTED. And I'll pay the shipping on it. It was very carfully painted with high temp undercoat and high temp top coat. I painted it chrysler engine red. And all the raised letters,symbol's and lines are bare metal, as I removed the paint from those areas.

MoonScryer
07-23-2002, 04:48 PM
Jim: PM me about your Koni's, like possible price and whatnot. I'm interested, and call DIBS.

I'll raise a toast to a fine car, too.

CARBurn
07-23-2002, 07:25 PM
Sorry to hear about your car.

Just ordered koni's and could only order the rears since I was told front konis are back ordered for a month. I'll be interested in the front konis too, since you might be parting with them.

CARBurn
07-23-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Jims 86LXI HB

...the koni's I really want to sell them as a set...

Oops, didn't read this, never mind, I'll just wait to reorder the fronts next month.

And I see several others have also inquired, so I'll stay out of it.

Should have the rears by tomorrow, anyhow:D

offthahook
07-23-2002, 08:30 PM
Man, that car looked so good. Hope you heal up okay.

Jims 86LXI HB
07-23-2002, 09:20 PM
Thanks,:cool: I'm doing much better then the first 2 weeks after the accident. I still have some issue's, but at least I can get enough sleep now.

Gregs89AccordLxi
07-23-2002, 10:58 PM
Damn, sorry to hear about your car! I thought it was gonna be fixable, why dont you get another hatch and swap all your parts onto it, or hold on buying and keep a look out and get a se-i :)

Jims 86LXI HB
07-23-2002, 11:58 PM
Well plan "A" was to fix it. But when I removed all the that could be unbolted, I got a much better picture as to how bad the damage really is. The unibody is pushed back and twisted slightly all the way to the firewall. I was thinking it was only damaged to the strut tower. So knowing that I for one feel that just to try and straiten it out would be expensive, plus I would not want to find out that they weren't quite able to fix it 100% and have the thing permently out of adjustment chassis wise. So then I would go to plan "B", buy another accord. But I don't have enough money from the payoff on the car to buy the one I want
a 88-89LXI or SEI. Believe me I'd love to create the same car with a 88-89, mine was so damn nice to drive. But the reality is I never want to ever endure the chest pains I had to live with after the accident. I want a airbag on my next car. Which means something newer. Once I am healed from the accident, I should get a settlement that should pay for the car I want. I have no plans on changing the way I help people here, so how I am a member and how I help people won't be changing at all, period.

A20A1
07-24-2002, 07:52 PM
Sorry to hear about you and the 3g :(

did you post you're accident somewhere... I don't think I've read it.

Jims 86LXI HB
07-24-2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by A20A1
Sorry to hear about you and the 3g :(

did you post you're accident somewhere... I don't think I've read it.

Yeah I'm sorry to:crying: :crying: :crying:

Here's a link to the accident pics (that I know you missed).
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3106