PDA

View Full Version : Coolant Inlet Pipe question

skippy124
08-11-2004, 05:44 AM
Hi,
Can anyone provide any tips etc regarding replacing the coolant inlet pipe on an A20A4. Getting that short hose that goes underneath to the inlet manifold off looks like degree of difficulty 9.5 ??? Also is fitting the O ring seal at the junction where the pipe goes into the block near the water pump easy or hard, and should some sealant be used with the O ring?

Thanks
John

smufguy
08-11-2004, 05:55 AM
Hi,
Can anyone provide any tips etc regarding replacing the coolant inlet pipe on an A20A4. Getting that short hose that goes underneath to the inlet manifold off looks like degree of difficulty 9.5 ??? Also is fitting the O ring seal at the junction where the pipe goes into the block near the water pump easy or hard, and should some sealant be used with the O ring?

Thanks
John

U talking about the black metal pipe? well its not that hard, but i would say to save some back ache, remove the intake manifold. People strain their backs and remove it without removing the intake manifold, but you can just remove the intake manifold. and then the pipe removal is pretty straight forward. ONly one 10mm bolt holdes the pipe to the block if i am not mistaken. And then yank it out with a crowbar or a long bar. Get a new seal, sand off the rust and prime the tube and if its too badly rusted out, get a new one. ANd put it back in and it should leak no more.

Vinny
08-11-2004, 06:54 AM
I did mine wothout removing the intake manifold. Everythings pretty easy to reach. I unbolted my fuse box and had to remove my cai but total time including replacing all the hoses was just a bit over an hour of actual work. To me its more hassle to take the intake off than it is to just leave it in. No back aches here. Hell I never even raised the car off the ground