PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Problem

RobbyKlotz
08-11-2004, 05:58 AM
the auto tranny in my 89 LX is slipping really bad in all the gears... The Haynes book says Oil Pump, Pressure Regulator stuck or oil screen is clogged, anyone have any idea of small stuff i can check without having to drop the trany out?

'89AccordLX(Rus)
08-11-2004, 07:52 AM
Generally when the Accord automatic transmissions start showing those symptoms, they are on their way to complete break down. Pretty much the only thing you can do is check and possibly change the tranny fluid (sometimes not recommended). Also, even if you did determine the problem source, it would cost more to repair the problem than to get a new transmission or swap to a manual tranny. The manual transmission are far more reliable in the 3Gs thann the autos, so they are a good option when your auto heads south. Hope this helps.

ehulst
01-01-2005, 01:46 PM
My trans doesn't move with the engine running...

ehulst
01-19-2005, 12:47 PM
well i figured it out after a short time and fixed and did a Tranny flush....now the same thing....i think i'm gonna let the car sit till its ready to work with me on trying to fix it up....INTAKE HAS ARRIVED FOR THE CARB Cold air Soon to be in :thumbup: