PDA

View Full Version : So I hit a tree...

jagojon3
08-11-2004, 08:11 AM
Yea I sure did, didn't mess up my car TOO much though. I hit it smack in the middle of my front bumper and it pushed it in, along with my radiator and fans. The radiator is bent in a U-shape now, but it didn't break or crack and has no leaks! amazing... It was pushed into my cooling fans. The fan on the driver side I managed to bend the support back a little so it has no more interference and spins freely. The passenger side fan is another story though. It's pushed into the motor/tranny mount whatever that thing is right behind it. I just unplugged it. I have been running for a little over a day now with no overheating problems whatsoever. Am I hurting anything with this other fan disabled?

deadlight
08-11-2004, 08:20 AM
I doubt you're hurting anything too horribly at the moment, although I'd be keeping a watchful eye on the temp gauge, I drove for 2 months without any fans, just watch it. On the other hand I would plan on having that radiator replaced, it may not be leaking at the moment, but you don't know how flow is affected inside, and how it was weakened on impact, I personally wouldn't drive on anything less than a perfect radiator.

NXRacer
08-11-2004, 08:34 AM
one of the 2 fans is for A/C and isnt used unless the A/C is on, and i think ( but im not sure) that the passenger side fan is the A/C fan, so you should be ok for a little while at least.

accordlxi2.0
08-11-2004, 08:37 AM
even though the little, you just unplugged, that comes on when the engine is off.
but as long it's not the big fan your car should be fine.

jagojon3
08-11-2004, 02:20 PM
Both fans are the same size. Yea I'm pretty sure I've never seen that fan move as I don't have A/C. And I'm broke as shit, so no new radiator for me. I believe that the supports for it are all messed up to so I would have to do more than put a new radiator in. I'll get some pics up soon to show you all my Type-R U-shaped radiator!

Elijah
08-11-2004, 02:22 PM
I'm turbo and only run on one fan.So I would doupt that you would have any problems

AccordAddict
08-11-2004, 05:28 PM
are u gonna get a new bumper along with the radiator???

jagojon3
08-11-2004, 10:15 PM
Well I'm pretty sure the frame is bent so I'd have to replace more than just the front bumper. The radiator stays as it is until it starts to give me problems. Next stop: allignment I hit the curb pretty hard and my steering wheel is turned like 90 degrees to make the car go straight.

mag_pbg
08-13-2004, 08:33 AM
The drivers side fan is the A/C fan so you don't need it, however you will need the passanger side fan if you don't want to over heat it.

jagojon3
12-10-2004, 03:32 AM
The drivers side fan is the A/C fan so you don't need it, however you will need the passanger side fan if you don't want to over heat it.

Sup bitches it's been a while. Just thought I'd give you an update. My U shaped bitch of a radiator is workin like... like a U shaped radiator should work. No leaks, no worries. I haven;t been postin on here so much lately cuz of school and girls and such, BUT IM STILL HERE bitches.

AccordEpicenter
12-10-2004, 05:12 AM
I'm turbo and only run on one fan.So I would doupt that you would have any problems
me too

HostileJava
12-10-2004, 06:26 AM
BUT IM STILL HERE bitches.

That's great DAWG :ugh2: