PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!

Low Tek
08-12-2004, 04:31 AM
just did a motor transfer from one accord to another. and whenI fired it up, the temp shot up to high. I did the normal, the look for leaks, pinched hoses, blead the water valve.. top hose was warm, but the bottom was still cold, the thermo is new, and it did not have this problem in the other car..
I thought it might be the radaitor, but it is newer (3 years old) but the car sat for a while.. (2 years). any other ideas that I might be over lookin?

thanks in advance

NXRacer
08-12-2004, 09:32 AM
did it shoot up right away or just get hot extremely fast??

could be either your temp sending unit is bad your have a hose or 2 crossed somewhere. can you get a picture of your engine bay? i or somebody else might be able to help diagnose the problem.

86LXItooFAST4me
08-12-2004, 09:56 AM
also the WP, those things go out sometime without warning. and timing has a little to do with temp. just some ideas.

Low Tek
08-12-2004, 11:16 AM
did it shoot up right away or just get hot extremely fast??

could be either your temp sending unit is bad your have a hose or 2 crossed somewhere. can you get a picture of your engine bay? i or somebody else might be able to help diagnose the problem.

It went straight up - I thought about the sensor in the radaitor or the radiator it self, cause it sat for like alomst 2 years.. I don't have a digi cam anymore, someone stole mine.

I am not thinkin the water pump went bad.. it worked great while it was in the silver car, and the the motor was pulled whole.