PDA

View Full Version : Where Do I Find NOS

copper700
08-12-2004, 06:29 PM
This has prolly been gone over before but i dont have time too look for it.
I need to know where to find a NOS kit for for my carb 89.
Any feedback would be greatly apreciated. :stupid:

AccordAddict
08-12-2004, 06:35 PM
i dont know about carbs but goto like Nitrous Express's web site, or venom's site, or zex's site, or NOS systems site and order straight from there, or goto a local modification shop and they'll order it for you.

DeathRat
08-12-2004, 06:36 PM
Well you'll not going to find any kit for the 3rd gen off the shelf.
You might be able to adapt either of these two kits, but I've not researched into any kits yet.

ZEX Nitrous Dry System for Honda
http://www.pureperformancefever.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=768

ZEX Nitrous Wet System for Honda
http://www.pureperformancefever.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=769

AccordAddict
08-12-2004, 06:39 PM
hmm i didnt know you had to have a specific kit for a specific model of car. i thought its completely customized by you. any universal kits? all the magazines have one advertisement.

DeathRat
08-12-2004, 06:43 PM
hmm i didnt know you had to have a specific kit for a specific model of car. i thought its completely customized by you. any universal kits? all the magazines have one advertisement.
The DIFFERENCE is in the settings for the FUEL MANAGEMENT UNIT! They're preset at the manufacturer for each vehicle type.

Ludi Mali
08-12-2004, 07:54 PM
i think you'd definately have to go with a wet system for a carb, and I'd look for a plate system, if they have one that will bolt to our setup without too much modding.

od2681
08-12-2004, 09:01 PM
the dentist office....
sorry im just stupid today...good weather in houston right now

Justin86
08-12-2004, 09:09 PM
NXRacer can sell you anything Nitrous Express, and if you look through mags, there is a lot of ads for nitrious kits. If you have a intake on the carb, civic airbox, etc then you could hook up any on the kits for 4 cylinders. Or you can make your own plate for the carb.

Elijah
08-12-2004, 09:38 PM
Kits are universal for fuel injected cars.Know clue on carb.

Justin86
08-12-2004, 10:04 PM
well with carb they use a plate for it and the plates will be different depending on what engine they were designed for.

k-roy
08-12-2004, 10:13 PM
Meh, you are not gonna find a plate cor out carbs.
What you need to do is get a couple of these bad boys along with a kit.
http://www.jegs.com/photos/741plume.jpg
Then drill and tap into your intake manifold where the red dots are, ignore the blue circle that was for another thread. The nice thing about these nozzles is that they are wet, meaning they mix gas and nitrous for a safer mix.

Sorry about the crappy pic, I just reinstalled my OS and I don't have PS yet.

k-roy
08-12-2004, 10:33 PM
Or if you want a simple dry setup there is always this
http://www.zex.com/Technical/CurrentCatalog/Images/8.jpg
Look for Civic carb intake on this board. You take the airbox off a 88-91 civic and enlargen the hole to go over the carb. Then you get a 92-95 (5th gen) Civic short ram and use that cone.

A20A1
08-13-2004, 12:08 AM
Thats a dry setup though

sporkHSP
08-13-2004, 12:36 AM
wait, can we use nonplate systems if we have civic boxs and intakes.... would a dry system work for the carbs or is it worthless... if i dont have to do too much custom work i would be game for it... with a dry system do we just get less hp than the shot? ie a 125shot gives more like 75hp or something because i would use that filter system with a 125shot if i could get a standard 75shot results.
that cone filter setup looks like a good temp setup(if it would work at all) until i can make a cowl hood and wet setup with a carb plate.

all of my friends are scared of "bottle feeding" and have told me not to, but i really wanna do it at least for track use.

A20A1
08-13-2004, 12:41 AM
no the wet system add fuel so you don't detonate...

sporkHSP
08-13-2004, 12:54 AM
yeah, that cone filter setup just looks too easy... i really want a nitrous system for my car tho since i cant do a weber or emissions removal here.

shepherd79
08-13-2004, 03:15 AM
ok, i will have to break it down for you guys:
1. the reason you have to use wet system is because of the carb. it is set for one mixture only, when with EFI you can adjust how much fuel is coming in. overall, wet kit is just safer.
2. you CAN NON just bolt up a wet nitro kit to a carb. the problem is with fuel pressure. stock carb pressure is 3psi, and you need around 35-40psi to run wet nitro kit. so your choice is to buy a new pump, run return or run feed line to the engine bay. get 2 adjustible fuel pressure regulators and you will be set to go.
3. the problem with direct port injection (like the one K-roy showed) is that you can't get to the intake manifold if you still have all the vacuum lines, and on the top of that if you are using 2 sprayers, they have to be 25 shots each, 30 max. that would make 50-60 shot all together. i haven't be able to find the jets that small, but may be NXracer has them. it is hard to say because i couldn't find them on internet.
4. oh and just for future refferance, NOS is brand of Holley. every one calls them because of F&F movie. the stuff called NITROS.

copper700
08-13-2004, 07:49 AM
Actually it's NITROUS....oh well thanks for the info guys. I'll prolly blow my engine but wut the heck there cheap. Anyways thanks again!

NXRacer
08-13-2004, 08:52 AM
you could either get an adaptor plate machined at a shop or do what K-Roy said. You can get small shot jets and can probably rig them up to have a small - medium shot. I havent done much looking into for carb motors, but if you're really serious about this, i could see what i can do.

AccordAddict
08-14-2004, 06:26 PM
OMG THAT ZEX NITROUS FILTER THINGY IS ONLY $100 ! does it come with a whole kit? like the nitrous bottle, the filter, and the wires? i hope it comes with a bottle and not just a filter that you connect to a bottle, does anyone know?

sporkHSP
08-14-2004, 06:40 PM
yeah, its definatly only the filter the kits are more.

AccordAddict
08-14-2004, 06:44 PM
oh thats such a rip! so basically its an upgrade of your current setup right? forget that shit..

tatmark1
08-14-2004, 06:51 PM
OMG THAT ZEX NITROUS FILTER THINGY IS ONLY $100 ! does it come with a whole kit? like the nitrous bottle, the filter, and the wires? i hope it comes with a bottle and not just a filter that you connect to a bottle, does anyone know?
you dont want to put money into your car to do the small things suggested by other members but you want nitrous?
I predict a blown motor for you.

AccordAddict
08-14-2004, 06:59 PM
lol. well those small things add up! bleeing the coolant is like $90 ! and all that other crap adds up. i dont make much money, and im in high school.

tatmark1
08-14-2004, 07:01 PM
how is it $90? do it yourself

AccordAddict
08-14-2004, 07:06 PM
oh, how easy is it?

tatmark1
08-14-2004, 07:13 PM
type bleeding coolant in to search bar and hit the button.
a second grader could do it. but if you want to pay 90 bucks.....

AccordAddict
08-14-2004, 07:30 PM
Whats the difference between bleeding and cooling. and whers the coolant tank? i read a method and it says fill coolant tank up with coolant, do you pour under the radiator cap to fill up the coolant tank or is it different? the other day my car was running while i was putting water under the radiator cap and about 1 minute later after it was full it started bubbling out but my car was revving itself because its idle'd too high (Cant find the idle adjustment screw). is that normal for it to bubble up? i dunno if i need to bleed/flush or not.