PDA

View Full Version : Factory Fog Lights?

Mattphi
08-13-2004, 09:38 AM
Does anyone know where i can get some factory fog lights that go down in the holes below the turn signals in the bumpers? Does anyone have any pics of these? Id like to get some but i dont want to go after market due to them maybe being smaller or even too big. Thanks

Glowin Smurff
08-13-2004, 04:08 PM
could always check J/Y's? or possibly Honda dealerships. and find out, if u do find them or something let us know.

danronian
08-18-2004, 06:03 AM
Thats the same thing I thought before I installed fog lights. The thing is, IMO the stock fog lights look way too big and protrude from the bumper too far. But I did look at the j/ys for them for about a year before I finally saw a picture of a car with them on here and decided it was best if I didn't find a set. If you keep looking you'll be a ble to find a nice rectangular set that fits your taste.

In this thread http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=28084
there is a picture of my car with the lights I found. (APC $14 Advance Auto)

TheSummoner101
10-13-2004, 02:05 PM
Busted Blue has some JDM fog lights...not sure if those are for our cars or not, but you could ask him, tho he's deciding on putting them on his car....

edit: heres the link... http://3geez.com/showthread.php?t=37694&highlight=fog+lights

Busted_Blue
10-13-2004, 02:20 PM
the heck are you talking about va? They are just some generic yellow fog lamps.. just looks cool because it has a yellow them on them.

anyways these are the ones I have now
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/crazyxzer0/Photoshoot%2020040920/09.jpg

here is a shot of the hole in the grille.. =X
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/crazyxzer0/826fbb65.jpg

I will get some yellow vinyl and put it over it to illuminate under the fog better. Soon soon.

guaynabo89
10-13-2004, 03:16 PM
Does anyone know where i can get some factory fog lights that go down in the holes below the turn signals in the bumpers? Does anyone have any pics of these? Id like to get some but i dont want to go after market due to them maybe being smaller or even too big. Thanks

I have the switch that goes in the dash if you'd like it. Id sell it for 20 bucks. Its the factorey one that goes next to the cruise control.

Hash_man_Se_i
10-13-2004, 04:13 PM
I have the switch that goes in the dash if you'd like it. Id sell it for 20 bucks. Its the factorey one that goes next to the cruise control.

Does it have the 2 buttons? one for rear fog lights? if so i'll take it.

Also... I found a link off of Paulaerodecks site for OEM honda parts... I found the OEM front lip from 86-87, and the oem fogs on there... but i want to know what they look like.... Anyone have pics of the OEM fogs?????? BTW i want yellow fogs, and i bought some but they didnt fit, so i returned them

TheSummoner101
10-13-2004, 04:37 PM
the heck are you talking about va? They are just some generic yellow fog lamps.. just looks cool because it has a yellow them on them.

anyways these are the ones I have now
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/crazyxzer0/Photoshoot%2020040920/09.jpg

here is a shot of the hole in the grille.. =X
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/crazyxzer0/826fbb65.jpg

I will get some yellow vinyl and put it over it to illuminate under the fog better. Soon soon.
haha my bad :P i thought the ones u had were made for our cars...anyways ur car still looks pimp and nice work with the lights :)

btw u misspelled my name...its na heh

Busted_Blue
10-13-2004, 05:42 PM
haha my bad :P i thought the ones u had were made for our cars...anyways ur car still looks pimp and nice work with the lights :)

btw u misspelled my name...its na heh

sorry man. I have a friend name va too.

Busted_Blue
10-13-2004, 06:43 PM

does it look like the one right here?

http://img109.ac.yahoo.co.jp/users/0/9/8/0/the_ng2-img600x450-1082295476p2220008.jpg

sorry but only pic i found with it on a RHD vehicle. lol

Hash_man_Se_i
10-13-2004, 08:39 PM
^^^ whered u find that pic? i've seen a few different switches, and thats one of them.

guaynabo89
10-14-2004, 06:38 PM
The one I have looks like the one at this auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7923718382&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Hash_man_Se_i
10-14-2004, 07:07 PM
The one I have looks like the one at this auction.

Wicked... pretty much consider it sold. $20 US you said?

guaynabo89
10-15-2004, 10:53 AM
yes

plus shipping to you of course.

You live in Canada though. Last time I shipped something to Canada te guy told me he had to pay these ridicuouls fees to pick up his package. I dont know if that will happen again.

Mike's89AccordLX
10-15-2004, 11:00 AM
I have factory foglights with the brackets. They are made by Bosche. Only problem is that the glass lenses are smashed. But I do pretty good work with plexiglass and could make new lenses that are factory looking.

How much were you thinking about spending on factory foglights? I don't have the factory ACCORD plastic covers that would cover the lights. But other than that they are good. H3 bulbs not included but can be bought at any local parts store.

Hash_man_Se_i
10-15-2004, 09:18 PM
yes

plus shipping to you of course.

You live in Canada though. Last time I shipped something to Canada te guy told me he had to pay these ridicuouls fees to pick up his package. I dont know if that will happen again.p

Could you not throw it in one of those bubble wrap conventional size envelopes? if so, i'll take it... probably money order would work best for me, PM me some info please.

And mike, could u by any chance mount a foglight on your accord and take a quick pic for me? i really want to see what they look like, dont have to be hooked up, just on there.

Mike's89AccordLX
10-16-2004, 06:59 AM
No I can't do that since I think I would have to take the front bumper off the car and bolt the bracket on. I don't know if you are going to have to drill holes in to mount them but I can't find the holes to mount them. I can feel a flat hard surface (probably the bumper support) But since I really only have the weekends to do stuff, and my family and fiance pretty much tell me what I'm going to be doing on my only days off I don't have time to do that since it's pretty involved. :(

-Mike

mykwikcoupe
10-16-2004, 06:10 PM
just a tip but the slit in the cover where the factory foglight goes. Piaa makes a light called a catz or something like that and it fits perfect. thats whay is on the wifeys car. The lights are like 170 or so a bit expensive but looks way better than the stockers.

Magny
10-16-2004, 10:13 PM
where the hell are you guys seeing the slit for fog lights, I have a 87 acord, but I dont see anything to where the fog lights go except covers to where the horns are. I do however have a sunroof and or a fog light plug in the dash pre assembled in there and set to go but dont have the options of the sunroof (no wiring visible in the headliner) and the fog lights (none found in the bumper except the turn signals and horn)

mykwikcoupe
10-17-2004, 06:14 AM
ok look at the posts above, theres a close up pic of a blue bumper with the foglight laying on the ground. The foglight option if not on your car then you have those covers in the lower corners of the bumper below the turn signal housings. In the wifeys car the piaa catz fit behind those covers and filled the oval slit in the cover perfectly. It sounds as though you may have had the option of the foglights at one time or someone swipped your covers. Dont feel bad im on my 3rd set. Whether there being swipped or being losty on the road I cant tell

TheSummoner101
10-18-2004, 10:37 PM
okay so my moms car got a flat at the local gas station couple blocks from our place, so i went and helped her...as i was putting on the spare, i saw a golden 3g SE-I coupe with some old guy checking the tire pressure....it was in okayish condition, but what shocked me was that it had fog lights (looked good condition from where i was) that fitted perfectly into the holes under the turn signal...i was so tempted to go ask the guy if he wanted to sell em but as soon as i was finished with the spare, the guy had taken off :(

carotman
11-03-2004, 12:32 AM
The BOSCH scout model is what fits better inside that hole I think. The BOSCH Pilot model is what Honda used as a OEM part I think. The Pilot are bigger than the Scout.

You can see a picture here

http://www.bosch.co.jp/kk/jp/productworld/saa/productlineup/long_version_d/long_version_d.asp?category=6&group=9

They are available in Yellow or Clear lens

It seems that Nissan used those Scout foglights on their Pathfinder truck (in 1993 to 1995 or something like that)

They could be a nice junkyard find!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7930538974&category=33709

That fog is located in the bumper beside the front turn signal...
I just thought you guys might want to look at those

http://www.thiberts.com/photo/28877c.jpg

Busted_Blue
11-03-2004, 12:42 AM
the OEM foglights on hondas do not actually fit flush but sit outside the hole. Its not as flush as you think it would be. Many 3rd gens that come in for service at my work have the oem fogs. (I guess working at a dealership has its benefits)

Hash_man_Se_i
11-03-2004, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the info carotman... thats good to know... I have some bosch's in my car now, but they got a few too many rocks through them, and never really fit right to begin with.

I'm gonna have to find some of those scout's in yellow now.

jonrichert
11-03-2004, 02:56 PM
bosch pilots are the ones i have on my car, i need to find a better place to mount them though, they get too much vibration where they are now.

danronian
11-06-2004, 07:28 AM
For anyone who cares, the APC fog lights I have on my car are on sale at Advance Auto for only 12.94, i'm not advertising but I really have never seen fog lights for cheaper than this that actually last. I've had them for over a year now and had one bulb blow but I think it was b/c I hit some little animal with one. The thing with these though, is that they come with 35w h3 bulbs, I replaced the pair with 55watt h3s and they are alot brighter and havent melted yet. But even with the 35w bulbs they work real well.

*sale is through nov. 27th*

SavageG
11-25-2004, 01:07 PM
Has anyone tried puting large round lights in? KC Highlights makes some
4 1/2" round driving lights that are 100,000 candle power each. It looks like they might fit in the area under the bumper with some modification.

HondaBoy
11-25-2004, 06:47 PM
you could always get the Hella's that are rectangular. they look stock when put into the place of the fog light cut outs. i used to have rectangular fog lights, but now i have clear projector ones that shine in a better area. i always forget who has their big round foglights in the lower grille, but it looks good. maybe they will see this and post the pic of it.

blahblahblah
12-07-2004, 10:50 AM
Try some 93-97 Camaro headlights..Hi or low-beam, you make the chouse..The hard part is mounting them. I had a friend try drilling holes. Worked till I tryed driving the car. Glass everywhere. Right now I have a fiberglass "thing" holding them...Thay work great...