PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!Fuel Rail Studs on Intake, Replaceable???

Locutus
08-14-2004, 09:43 AM
As I do more with this car I find more things my brother screwed up. Today I traced down a fuel leak and found that he had broke 2 of the studs that hold the fuel rail and injectors in place on the intake. Are these replaceable?

Mike

86LXItooFAST4me
08-14-2004, 09:55 AM
i dont know where you could find them at besides the dealer and they are special order from dealer. i broke one and couldnt find one from anyone else so i just matched up a bolt with the stud and used a bolt.

Locutus
08-14-2004, 10:13 AM
but they do come out of the intake? I was afraid they may be pressed in or some crap like that.

86LXItooFAST4me
08-14-2004, 10:18 AM
ohh, no no. they come out. you know how to double nut right? or is there and thread sticking out at all?

k-roy
08-14-2004, 10:35 AM
You might have to drill a small pilot hole and then get a set of screw extractors.
When you do this be sure to cover up the injector holes, you don't want crap in there.

you can lookup the parts you need at this site.
www.hondaautomotiveparts.com
you can order it from them or just go to a dealership.

86LXItooFAST4me
08-14-2004, 10:42 AM
i HATE tapping out broken bolts, it never works half the time. hope some of the bolt is accessible still.

Locutus
08-14-2004, 04:42 PM
A pair of vice grips worked quite well. There wasn't enough thread for even one nut little on Two. I replaced the seals on all 4 and now have no fuel leaks but found other problems that will be the subject of another topic.

Mike