PDA

View Full Version : Instrument Cluster Lights DONT WORK! FUSE KEEPS BLOWING! NEED HELP!

JFreddy
08-14-2004, 12:32 PM
Ok, so this is my problem. I have a 1989 Honda Accord EX-i. My lights behind my speedometer and rpm guagedont light up anymore, so i checked the fuse and sure enough it was blown, so i replaced it thinking everything was fine... it blows another fuse... so itry a 20 amp fuseinstead of a 15... blows that... what is wrong and how could i go about fixing it????

Moodybluesr
08-14-2004, 12:37 PM
I had the same problem in my 90 EX one time and it ended up being and incorrectly installed dimmer wire on an aftermarket deck. If you have an aftermarket deck try unplugging it and seeing if that stops the fuse blowing problem. Otherwise it sounds like you have a short somewhere in that circuit and you're just going to have to find it.

JFreddy
08-15-2004, 01:19 PM
So if i take out my deck, and then it stops blowing fuses, how do i fix it so i can still have my deck, and it wont blow anything, plus, what do i do with the dimmer light wire for the deck? cas right now its not plugged in or anything or attached to anything,should it be? thanks for the help, i was completely clueless before.