PDA

View Full Version : Rear Drum to disc conversion

P|eszczoH
08-14-2004, 03:26 PM
I was thinking about it, and using Electronic Parts Catalog from honda
I saw that most parts are the same for rear drum and disc suspension.

The main problem is that I dont know what is the difference betwen "knuckle comp. R/L drum/disc
the parts numbers are preety the same drum/disc right:52111-SE0-030/52111-SE0-933 and left: 52116-SE0-030/52116-SE0-933

on the technical pictures it looks preety the same, but I have never had it in my hands so Im not sure.

http://www.republika.pl/pieszczoh/honda%20nowa/reardrum.jpg
http://www.republika.pl/pieszczoh/honda%20nowa/reardisc.jpg

Who knows smt about it? :-)

Busted_Blue
08-15-2004, 02:11 AM
good luck finding a caliper. I just installed my SEi brakes and it seems you would be better off finding the whole knuckle including the rear disc brakes. At least I think so.

P|eszczoH
08-15-2004, 04:12 AM
good luck finding a caliper. I just installed my SEi brakes and it seems you would be better off finding the whole knuckle including the rear disc brakes. At least I think so.

You see, In Poland these cars were not so popular like in US,
or Germany, so it is not so easy as You think to go to a junk yard and find a Honda Accord SEDAN with B20A - only these in europe had rear discs !!!!
It is just so hard like finding the accord 3gen with AirCondition.

and about finding a caliper, I think that it is do able, even to buy a new one.
Maybe not with H signature, but from other producer, also I have to know that I've got something to mount the caliper and thats why I'm looking for the differences betwen these parts.

AllGoNoShow
08-20-2004, 03:07 PM
My buddies 3rd gen has AC :) I don't know of wilwood makes them but you could try a rear brake kit from wilwood or brembo, just look online and have them ship them to you if you don't mind the shipping costs.

Busted_Blue
08-21-2004, 12:29 AM
My buddies 3rd gen has AC :) I don't know of wilwood makes them but you could try a rear brake kit from wilwood or brembo, just look online and have them ship them to you if you don't mind the shipping costs.

I believe there is NO kit that is specifically designed for the 3rd gen Accord. There are bigbrake kits which are the disc only and bracket changes for the caliper. Aside from that I don't think there are any other calipers for our cars.

I'm not exactly sure where you are going with AC. Does this stand for something else because I assume its air condition which doesnt involve anything with suspensions...so...clarify that for me. thanks!

P|eszczoH
08-21-2004, 01:31 AM
I'm not exactly sure where you are going with AC. Does this stand for something else because I assume its air condition which doesnt involve anything with suspensions...so...clarify that for me. thanks!

I believe that this is involved with my text about finding a car with B20A here in Poland. It is very hard to find a B20car which has rear discs, or a car with Air Condition. Those are not popular here, or any way just very rare,
so for me to go to a junk yard and find a car with rear discs is very hard,
I would love to get a car with AC on a junk yard to :-)

smufguy
09-08-2004, 07:30 AM
this is an old topic. All you had to do was just hit the search button. here is what u need.

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=34374

also, check to see if the 1st gen legend parts in the rear are compatable. I need to see how it can work