PDA

View Full Version : Cooling lines under Intake?

Locutus
08-14-2004, 04:47 PM
As you many of you know I have the car from hell. It is the product of half ass work and cheap asses who wouln't pitch in a few bucks for new hoses while they had the damn thing apart. So here is my problem. Today 3 or 4 hoses under the intake and one above it started spraying antifreeze. My question: is there a easy way to get to these. Does it require removing the intake, and if you do have to remove the intake how do you do it while it is in the car? I had hoped would be an easy fix up so I could have a daily grocery getter instead of my gas guzzling 70 Chevy P/U but it has turned into the project from hell. I am so ready to put on my bunker gear and torch the sucker so I can practice putting out car fires.

Mike

AccordAddict
08-14-2004, 05:43 PM
ok the intake isnt that hard to remove. Wait, do you have a fuel injected or carb engine?

k-roy
08-14-2004, 05:48 PM
ok the intake isnt that hard to remove. Wait, do you have a fuel injected or carb engine?
:uh: :lol:
I think he means the intake manifold, not the air intake.

I had the intake manifold off when I changed miine since I was installing a new engine. Its possible to do it with the manifold on and I would attempt to before removing it. Do you have the shap manual yet? if not go to www.pauldesign.ru and download it so you can get a better visualization.

Locutus
08-14-2004, 06:32 PM
Ok if you leave the intake manifold in place how do you get to them? From the bottom? I do have the manual but it isn't clear exactly since everything is show apart.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
08-15-2004, 05:07 AM
With the intake manifold still on the engine, the only real way to get to the hoses is from the bottom. You are probably going to have to cut off the hoses since they will be welded to the pipes and fittings. Installation should be simpler. Make sure you replace the clamps. It may take a while, but those hoses are well worth the time taken to replace them.

P.S.: You may want to replace your heater hoses as well while you are dealing with the cooling system. Those hoses are notorious for failing at the worst possible time.

Locutus
08-15-2004, 06:13 AM
I have replaced all the hoses except those cause they were extremely difficult to get to so I guess now I have no choice