PDA

View Full Version : Cam Gear Cover QUIK release

86LXItooFAST4me
08-15-2004, 05:10 AM
i was thinking the other day about makeing the cover of the cam gear cover easy to remove and install. like some kinda latch that allows you to pop it on and off like a air filter latch of some sort. it seems kinda stupid but for those of you who have adjustable cam gears that dont want the cover open all the time, this would be ideal. anyone have any ideas on how to make this?

Mike's89AccordLX
08-15-2004, 06:14 AM
What you could do is cut a hole in the side of the cover and put the cover on and then you can have your quick adjustments. And if you dont want to have the hole exposed to foreign material, just cut some plexi glass to the same size and get some tiny screws and put 2 or 4 in to hold it on until you want to readjust.

86LXItooFAST4me
08-15-2004, 07:20 AM
yeah i thought of that too, cuting a hol in the stock one. i have a pretty good idea on what im going to do. im going to put a latch on the bottom on both sides on the engine mount and leave the lip on the top. and im going to cut the bolt hols on the bottom to where the are just notches to line it up. im sure its going to be harder that that but thats the idea i have so far. i think im going to have to shave the lip on top on the side and leave just the top part of the lip to hold it in place. im not sure if its gonna work or not, i need to look into it more and im at work :(

AccordEpicenter
08-15-2004, 07:58 AM
im just leavin mine open

86LXItooFAST4me
08-15-2004, 08:28 AM
im probly going to also but if im going to go on a trip or if its raining or bad weather and shit like that i want some thing to cover it up and i dont want to have to take the VC off. if it were something that just cliped in and cliped out it would be nice. im gonna try it anyway.