PDA

View Full Version : Clutch problem

qh187
08-15-2004, 12:16 PM
my clutch has beens slipping a lot lately. When I was driving yesterday, all of a sudden it started gripping real hard. After that i was unable to switch gears at all. I was able to move the car to a friends house luckily but now its just sitting there. I can start he car just fine but I can't engage the gears. When I step on the pedal its really mushy and goes right in. Did my clutch finally die?

Also I saw an 83-85 Accord/83-87 Prelude/86-89 Integra clutch on eBay. Will this fit my 88 LXi?

'89AccordLX(Rus)
08-15-2004, 01:44 PM
It sounds like the clutch won't disengage preventing you from switching gears. This may be caused by a faulty throw-out bearing or a torn clutch cable. Have someone press on the clutch pedal and see if the lever on the side of the transmission moves accordingly. If not, the cable is your problem. If it works OK, the problem may be with the throwout bearing or pressure plate which would probably require a new clutch. I am not sure if the clutch you mentioned will fit. I am sure I have seen clutch kits on EBAY particularly for the 3G Accords. Hope this helps.

Check out this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7915732591&category=33730&sspagename=WDVW