PDA

View Full Version : She's sick guys. she's real bad.

my86dx4dr
08-15-2004, 09:43 PM
the accord is sick. she's not in good shape.
the threads on the mannifold for the downpipe are stripped so i have to rethread thoughs. she sounds horrid without the downpipe bolted all the way. sounds like an old datson. loud.

and she's squartin out about a quart of oil a day.
around the oil pan right next to the (?)timeing belt covor. theres a
little gasket that goes on the covor and somehow i think thats what the problem is. maybe the oilpan i bought was bad. (should of waited and bought vinnys) but shes coughin up fluids bad.

with 360k though. looks like i might end up going with a J/Yard FI a20a3
for 200 bucks. but then i gotta get a hoist. i cant afford much more then about 300 all tottal to get'er'done. think if i got a good motor for 200$ it would cost more then 300$ all together? thats with the price of everythang. oil/gaskets/accesserys and hoist rental?

need to get this figuered out. but it dont look like this motors got much life left. blows blue smoke in the mornings. and carb is messed up.

k-roy
08-15-2004, 10:09 PM
Ouch, I feel for ya man. I blew my original A20 years ago.
$300 sounds like a pipedream. Im gonna say at least $500. Good luck!
The timing belt cover should have a gasket on it to seal it off, but it does not have anything to do with the oil. You either have a bag oil pan gasket or a warped/cracked pan. Since you are swapping a FI motor you still have to use your carb setup, unless you want to convert your fuel and electrical systems. If you want PGMFI you would probably be better off getting a running parts car thats been wrecked, its a lot cheaper that way and you can sell off a lot of small things on this board and get some backup parts to throw on a shelf. I would have done that if I had known about 3geez at the time. Well whatever you end up doing good luck!