PDA

View Full Version : is this right?

therock
08-16-2004, 08:55 PM
well i got a kit intake system and i just used it as a short ram and it fits so good like its ment to be there nice here are the issues there are 2 wires on the left and 2 on the right and i connected them to the tube and some times the pgm fi light goes off? and for where you put the oil there was a hose but i put a breather filter there does this sound right? and for when i shift at 6 rpm it sounds so fu(king cool sorry for the bad word but i had to cuz im so amazed my car is a accord lxi 4dr 5spd fule injected can some people tell me if im messing anything up and here is the link to the coldair intake but i only used half to make short ram and it fits so good i mean very good i need to take pics here it is http://www.procarparts.com/store-detail.asp?sku=AC90IT%2D1893CIX&dbname=onlinestoreDB and it was a total of 66 shiped very worth it well get at this post people

Blue Impact
08-17-2004, 06:33 AM
The breather's fine where it's at, but I'm not sure about the PGM FI light cuz I've never experienced it even though I did have an 89 LXi cuz there were no such light - at least not in the coupes.

therock
08-17-2004, 05:20 PM
what about the 2 hoses on each side so all to gether there is 4 do all go to intake?

therock
08-17-2004, 07:24 PM
well helo peolpe get at this come on

Blue Impact
08-17-2004, 08:42 PM
what about the 2 hoses on each side so all to gether there is 4 do all go to intake?

There should just be one going into the intake tube (mine only had one)...maybe yours is an 86-87?

ivanfbi
08-17-2004, 10:27 PM
Yeah, 86-87 LX-is have 5 tubes going into the air intake, so he did them right, by connecting hem.

therock
08-18-2004, 03:27 PM
no i fixed it the 2 on the right i pluged they are for the ac i dont use and 2 on the left coming from a box near the coil i left those pluged but for the valve i put a breather so i fixed it with a member on this site he was great help so problem solved

NXRacer
08-18-2004, 03:42 PM
dude, you really need to do some searching before you start posting up all these questions. Every single one of your questions has been answered 100's of times.

some of those vacuum hoses if left disconnected will make your car run pretty shitty. Do some reading, then ask away if you cant find the answers.

therock
08-18-2004, 04:00 PM
i do look and i have a car book to so thats why i post so dont get mad if im looking for help when i cant find cuz i do search to it took me 2 days to figure out those wires and my car is a accord 87 4dr 5spd fuel injected but the 2 on the right are 4 ac and the 2 on the left come from a box near the coil so i still have those hooked up but for the valve cover i put a breather but the ones for the ac i pluged cuz i dont use ac and sorry if it seemed like i dident look but i did and spent hrs of doing so

NXRacer
08-18-2004, 04:07 PM
are they wires or vacum lines? you shouldnt have unplugged any wires if you just removed the stock intake setup and replaced it with a custom intake

therock
08-18-2004, 04:32 PM
vacum lines sorry for sayin wires