PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum and horn question.

acranox
08-17-2004, 12:01 PM
Well, I'm still trying to figure out the problem described in my previous thread:
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=37042

I've got two questions however.
Where is the source of the vacuum? Like, where is the vacuum created, and which is the main hose that feeds the rest of the system?

I just remembered today that about 20 seconds before this whole problem started I got cut off by a guy, and so I hit the brakes, and I laid on the horn. Then I floored it once he got out of my way.
So, can anyone think how the horn could've caused a problem that would cause the car to stall when I take my foot off the gas? Some weird electrical short? Just a thought.

I think it's a vacuum leak, but for the life of me I can't pinpoint it.

--Peter

accordlxi2.0
08-17-2004, 12:12 PM
actully you slamed on the brake's, that's cut's vacuum off so suddenly, if you have a vacuum leak.

the main vacuum port's on on the intake manifold, on eac side you'll see a big vacuum line on each side, leading to a vacuum tree, it could be cracked.

try this with the car warmed, and idleing pump the brake's quick ly and if the idle goes down their's a vacuum leak.

plus a better way to check the play in the venturi's if you take off the top hat of the carb.
the horn is not the source.

hondamanlxi
08-17-2004, 12:35 PM
i bet most carb owners wish they could blame the horn tho ;)