PDA

View Full Version : need help wont turn over!!

88accordalltheway
08-17-2004, 03:11 PM
hey guys, i didnt mess with anything and my car wont turn over. I took the cover off the shifter and ebrake to paint it and i tried starting my car, but it wont turn over. It has done this b4 but it usually starts if i put it in neutral, but i did that and it wont turn. Im almost 100% sure its electrical. Please help asap i need myc ar by tonight. thanks. Oh yea, im auto 88 LX 4dr. I know someone will know what to do. :dunno: please help :bow:

88accordalltheway
08-17-2004, 03:16 PM
nvm, some mod delet this, my battery was dead, hooked a battery up that was in my garage and it started fine. thanks anyway. Guess listening to music wile working is bad.

Locutus
08-17-2004, 03:20 PM
Check the neutral safety switch set it to neutral or jumper it and see if it starts. You may need to adjust or replace it.

88accordalltheway
08-17-2004, 04:06 PM
actually i have another question, cause my car didnt start again and i had to jump it witht he battery again, it looks like theres alot of crap on the positive post of my cars battery, would that cause the non starting? if it can ill take the time to clean it with a wire brush. also, im about to run two 760 watt amps with my stereo, will that be abad for my battery? if its not starting now, is it going to be even workse? i just bough a new battery a couple of months ago. thanks for the help.

k-roy
08-17-2004, 04:09 PM
Yea that corrosion on the post is bad. Brush it off and get the inside of the cable connector while you are at it.

SteveDX89
08-17-2004, 04:12 PM
If you're putting a huge system in like that, I'd suggest a higher output alternator. You can get yours re-wound or I think you can buy them.

88accordalltheway
08-17-2004, 11:03 PM
yea, i think tomorow im going to clean the post off. As for the alt, im going to have to wait for money to find its way to me cause i dont have any right now. But i def know that im going to get a new alt in a while. thanks guys for your help.