PDA

View Full Version : coilovers

howndamane
08-17-2004, 06:54 PM
i really hate to touch on a subject that has been touched so much but nothing i can find searching can really assure me. i found these coilovers on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7917003871&category=33582

i dont know much about coilovers but with those, could i install them and only adjust them to lower about an inch and still ride my stock shocks or what? my dad is getting upset cause i havnt lowered it and i keep talking about it so its time to put a nail in this mess. a bit of advice would be appreciated!

ivanfbi
08-17-2004, 10:48 PM
MMMM, no, if you wanna run your stock shocks, don't lower it, or if you really want, you may need H&R's or Neuspeed springs, they lower on 1" as you want and they are the softest lowering springs avaliable for accords, If you want to lower it for cheap, just cut your springs, but many people don't recommend it, cuz your car is going to be uneven and thats why, ride like shit.

AZmike
08-17-2004, 10:53 PM
It's not the height of the car that determines what dampers you need (as long as you're not so low that you're bottoming them out), but the spring rate. The spring rate is a function of the geometry of the spring. The spring will likely be way too stiff for your stock shocks at any setting. You will have a bouncy, unsettled ride with this combination.

The cheapest setup that will ride well (not underdamped and bouncy/floaty) is a softer lowering spring set like the H&Rs or Neuspeeds with revalved Bilsteins dampers for the front and Tokicos for the rear.

What are your goals? If you don't really care about ride, handling, and performance then install and coilovers and enjoy how the car looks--just don't expect the stock shocks to last long. Getting the car to peform correctly is going to be more expensive.

ivanfbi
08-17-2004, 10:58 PM
hey, azmike, sell me your konis