PDA

View Full Version : keep? trash? sell? HELP!

HondaManDan
07-23-2002, 06:15 PM
ok... im upset about this and i need some advise. i got my 88' LX sedan from my grandma for nothing. my 1st car :).. anyhoo. i've spent over.... 1500 just driving the thing... i've put in new axles (2), new cv joints (2), new shocks(4), new front upper ball joints(2), new flex pipe... cuz it rotted off... gonna need a new cat.. need to fix brakes cuz they're off, and need to do something about what i think is a power steering leak.... so yeah is this car worth having??? the body is in great shape... no rust.. only 93k on it but it's costing me an arm and a leg in maintainance.... so yeah what to do...? thanks

A20A1
07-23-2002, 07:29 PM
aie!!! well Powersteering aint a biggie... i chose to rip it off instead of paying the bill.
the brakes if they are leaking should be #1 priority... I wrapped my rubber hoses with heavy duty tape to protect the rubber from road crap and chemicals.... its the rubber tube that connects the hard line to the front brakes.

I think it was like $500 to get both front lines replacead along with a master cylinder.
but just the fact that you've got no rust is a plus.

offthahook
07-23-2002, 08:24 PM
Hate to be a dick, but you need a timing belt if she never changed it. That can be $$$ if you don't know someone. If she changed it, then you're that much better. 93K is tough to give up on, esp. in an Accord.

shepherd79
07-24-2002, 03:56 AM
i would say stick to it. yeah it has alot of problems, but after you fix one by one, the car will be as new again. plus if you are thinking buying a new car, this car still be cheaper to fix.
stick to it man. you won't be sorry.