PDA

View Full Version : dc sports header

geesnow
08-18-2004, 04:29 PM
where can i find a dc header for 88 accord lxi?? cant find anywhere. i dont want the pacesetter.

nswst8
08-18-2004, 05:08 PM
You'll have to wait until someone is willing to part with one.
People here have been trying to locate these ever since DC Sports stop production.
Good luck.

Mike's89AccordLX
08-18-2004, 05:42 PM
In your dreams :)

shepherd79
08-18-2004, 05:45 PM
you can't find them period. you just have to quick and make a lot of friend with people who have them, so when they part with one, you will have first dibs on it.

Vinny
08-18-2004, 05:47 PM
you can't find them period. you just have to quick and make a lot of friend with people who have them, so when they part with one, you will have first dibs on it.

I always wondered why so many people wanted to be my friend :D

A20A1
08-18-2004, 06:41 PM
Call DC SPORTS Directly they may have some still, there were a few posts a while back whe Jim was trying to get his DC header and they said that they were on definate backorder and had moved locations... then JIM called much later and they said they had some... but this was a while back.

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?p=441832

accord3Gkidd415
10-10-2004, 10:08 AM
(this post was intially a e-mail to A20A1, but this is just in case if you don't get around to that e-mail soon or if some else can healp answer my questions)
i'm very grateful for this website and all thati've gained from it and i thank you, but when i clicked on your "performance header questions" link you stated, "Carbed motors will also have to disable the AS Valve that may affect emissions testing." (you were referring to modding the DC header to suit CARB models). i was wondering:
#1. why disable the air suction valve?
#2. will i be able to install the headers following all instruction except for crimpling the AS valve and not disabling the AS valve? if so, what's the effect?

i found this: "You can use the efi header on the carbed motor... maybe find a "Y" connector from a plumbing supplies place so you can connect both the Air Suction (AS) and EGR pipes to the single outlet from the header... I wouldn't suggest welding on a new pipe for the AS cause then you'd need to remove the coating."
#.3 what size pipe and type? (copper can't stand heat, castiron is too heavy, and i don't think stainless steel plumbing pipe is made...)

the reason why i'm asking is because:
#1. i've searched for a reason, but have found no answer to why this must be done
#2. i live in San Francisco, CA and must past emissions
#3. i really want a DC header for my LX because it meets California's CARB requirements, comes with a CARB sticker to prove it, seems like the best quality aftermaket header available for ALL 3GEEZ that i'm aware about, and i don't want to settle for a pacesetter header, lol (but seriously though, i really don't want to settle for that sh1t...)

i'm sorry if you covered this, but i'm new and after a lot of searching (and i mean A LOT, lol) i still can't find the answer to my question. :help:

A20A1
10-10-2004, 11:39 AM
Just get a pacesetter... it will save you the hasltle... although you should get it recoated if you use the black painted one.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
10-10-2004, 10:32 PM
I called Dc Header last month to see if i could get one they said no but they gave me some number's to some of place's that might no luck there either just need to find a used one somewhere. Best of luck to you

BITESIZE
10-10-2004, 10:35 PM
I looked forever, and as soon as i bought my pacesetter, they started to turn up. Damn it! But really, the pacesetter isn't all that bad. I've had it almost a year, and it's holding up. It armorcoated which is better.

sporkHSP
10-10-2004, 10:51 PM
yeah, the pacesetter isnt as good, but its currently your only practical option... does the armor coated header actually hold up better? Ive heard both ways on this...

b20a86lude
10-14-2004, 07:13 AM
actually these peopl still have the dc sport header guranteed rember 86-87 prelude si are the same header as 88 89 accords
http://www.cyberauto.com/index.php/HondaPrelude.txt

http://www.transmissionkits.com/foreign-transmission-kits/hondaacura4speed%28akas%291983-87.htm

shepherd79
10-14-2004, 08:47 AM
they may say they can get, but in reality they can't because there are non and DC sports won't make them for anyone.

Vinny
10-14-2004, 09:12 AM
Cyberauto cant get it. been there tried that. I doubt the second link has one either