PDA

View Full Version : representing strong island gearheads

Docta_PhiLbeRt
08-18-2004, 10:52 PM
hello everyone, tha names john, am a 17 yr old from long island new york and ive always had a sweet spot for cars...before i got this 3g i considered a 65 buick wildcat 455, 80 mazda rx7 (to horn a v8 into), and some hopped up calpped out 80's chevies. since the age of 12 ive been familair with american machines

since the first day i got my 3 g the wealth of info ive garnered from this place has kicked my musclecar mind open...in a good way :)

for such a unsupported (aftermarket) car this is a big ol awesome community. from the day i got my 220,000 mile 88' accord 4dr lx 5spd(march '04) i figured it would last me a couple months NO PHUCKIN WAY ive been in awe at what this car handles and is capable of...runs puuuurfect! and it takes some mean abuse! daily 100mph commute, drifting, flying off a canyon road at 80 and SURVIVING PERFECTLY...with a few scratches..and tree limbs in the undercarriage...did i mention this is my first personally owned car... :pc:
i (not so affectionally) named my burgundy /shit brown warrior "philbert"

starting wehn i was 14 i jockeyed cars around a huge lot...you learn how to maneuver fast...and drive lotsa different cars, so ive had much driving experience over my friends, anyway... compared to many so called "sporty" cars and high end machines, this thing is really fun to whip around, especially around the city or narrow old roads (nissequogue,stony brook, head of the harbor)its quite neutral

enough babbling, ive been procrastinating my show here... philbert has been on stands for the past 2 weeks for what coulda shoulda woulda been a routine brakejob and kyb shock install..well..i started doing EVERYTHING and NOTHING is done , gotta find a spring comp for the front tommorow, backshocks are in (whew) brakes are done, body/paint may someday be done, and i wanna change some front suspension bits...interior color is changing...etc

braking hard from 50 plus makes my whole dash/steering wheel shudder, balljoints are fine (no play trying to move it with the wheel on) and theres no deadspot in the steering..what is it?!? radius rods are straight tie rods r ok wheels are balanced...i didnt touch the rack &p

i wanna install front and rear lxi sway bars, how much should they be? are tehr fronts bigger than lx fronts?

one more stupid q that didnt come up on search..the lever under the dash, is it the choke or the tilt? how do i know if i have a tilt steerin wheel, it looks it but doesnt budge :sadwave:

this place has helped alot, i did the emissions removal, installed a hi volt coil replaced the EEk original plugwires and got ngk's swapped the wheels for 100$ 14 inch AR's ..oh, where the phuck is the timing marks on this thing? ok its 3 am im all over the place sayonara honda lovers..till tomorrow :bow:

A20A1
08-18-2004, 11:09 PM
It's tilt steering... the choke is electric. :D

Welcome

Docta_PhiLbeRt
08-19-2004, 06:16 AM
It's tilt steering... the choke is electric. :D

Welcome
arg. cant get it to work i feel like the damn column is gonna snap...:lock:

anyway

hows hawaii treatin you?

87accordlxi
08-20-2004, 09:08 AM
arg. cant get it to work i feel like the damn column is gonna snap...:lock:

anyway

hows hawaii treatin you?

Pull the lever out toward you, then push down.

88accordalltheway
08-20-2004, 09:19 AM
mine didnt budge until after a week i just grabbed a bottle of wd 40 and sprayed it, then it worked. yea, welcome to the board.

88accordhb
08-20-2004, 09:38 AM
hi john

sporkHSP
08-20-2004, 03:20 PM
yeah, its all fun and games until you start thinking in metric... then you know you wont go back to american cars.
pull the tilt lever out and then try to push down, you may want to apply a gentle upward pressure on the column/wheel to loosen it up too.
when i brake hard(ish) from 70 my wheel wobbles alot too...