PDA

View Full Version : 3geez t-shirts, seeing interest

88accordalltheway
08-19-2004, 01:06 PM
ok guys, some of you know either from the previous thread or my cardomain site that i made tshirts before. Im about to start school again, and im preety sure im signed up for that graphics class, and if im not, i will. I think what happened last time was that no one was interested because i didnt use paypal. This year im going to be using paypal (my mothers at least until im 18 and have a job).

Ok, i need everyone to understand how i make these shirts before i get requests to do something crazy that is impossible for me to do. I use a silk screen (which is like a very very fine net) that is streched very tight over a rectangular wooden frame. I make a stencil (which is called emultion) and it is thin palstic with a design burned onto it. I put the emultion onto the silk screen. Then i must tape off the extra space that is not covered by emultion with paper. then i must get ink (which is a jello like plastic goup that ends up hardening after it is put under a heater) and put it on the screen, then scrape it over the stencil while there is a shirt under the screen. this is how designs get onto shirts. Please understand, i am not a profesional, I am just a kid in a graphics class. I do the best i can, but sometimes thigs dont go right and shirts become ruined. For example, there are alot of dumb people that go to my school, they do not have common sense. The like to make a mess with ink and get it everywhere in the shop. This is how shirts get ruined. Once the ink is on, its preety much on for good. I promise you all that i will do my best and if all goes correctly, all of my shirts will be perfect.

Ok enough of all that bs, i need help with the design. I am planning on only doing a one color shirt, not like the multiple colored ones like i did last year, they were too much of a hassle. I want to keep the basic design the same, which is close to the stickers he made. I just took the two lines off the top and bottom.
Ok, i want to take that design, and put the front of one of our cars next to it. This is where i need someones help. I need someone to photoshop a picture LIKE this (it dosent have to be this, I would rather see a slammed car that has nice rims)
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/3/web/495000-495999/495733_37_full.jpg
and make it to where it is just the car and i can make a stencil out of it and make it look very clean cut. I want to take this chopped picture and put it next to the origional design. I also plan on doing AOM shirts, and instead of this standard car, it will be the AOM winners car.

So the set up will be 2 different kinds of shirts, One that says 86-89 performance, and the other thats says third gen performance, both with the standard car that i need someone to chop and the 3geez.com top part.
Also i will be making every month an AOM tshirt for the winner, that will have his car along with the words Accord Of The Month and the 3geez.com on top.
Every shigle shirt that i make will only be ONE COLOR.

I know this is alot to ask for for someone to chop somthing every month, but for insentive ill give someone, whoever can do the best cleanest chop, a couple of t shirts.
I think the price was ok last time @ 15 plus shipping per shirt, but if i get an enormous interest, ill probably bring it down to 15 shipped. I cant go any lower because the supplies all together cost about 10. :deal:
PLEASE, DO NOT ASK ME TO DO ANYTHING CUSTOM, FOR I WILL JUST IGNORE YOU. It really bugs when some idiot want me to make a shirt of his car, with his user name, and all this crap, with a billion different colors. Im trying to get everyone to understand that im not a pro, and its it extremely hard to do multiple colors, dut to the fact that i am not in a profesional shop.
I am going to do this the fastest most efficient way i can, that way everyone will be happy and i wont be stressed out trying to make everything perfect.
:rockon:
Thanks guys, and i hope that everyone can help me do this that way everyone can get a freakin tshirt like everyone has the stickers. Sorry for such a long and informative post, I just wanted everyone to understand. cheers :cheers:

adams86lxi
08-19-2004, 01:48 PM
tight man sounds good! I just checked out the t-shirts on your sight and it gave me the idea to try it my self with some old shirts in my room and some computer iron ons to see how it will turn out.

Underdog
08-19-2004, 02:15 PM
Wow! Sounds really cool. I'm definately in. Is this kinda what you're going to have it look like? I just did this really quick and I can't really do better, but is this the "stencil" look you're going to go for? I think if it was really clean and straight and stuff it would look AWESOME.

http://img8.exs.cx/img8/3413/Image113.gif

88accordalltheway
08-19-2004, 03:13 PM
yes underdog, that is exactly what im talking about. Maybe a little more detail though, but that is the way im going to need it. We could do shade on it (you use dots to create that), but since the car will be so small on the shirt, it wont come out right because the dots that we would use for the shading would be smaller then the holes in the screen. thanks for being so quick about it, im really nervous because last time i had alot of interest, but when it came time to actually make the shirts, no one was interested besides 2 people. thanks

Nospeed
08-19-2004, 05:24 PM
i missed out on the last one, but i would be interested in one or two...are you gonna make womens tees also? like a "wifebeater" or anything like that? i know the wife would like one also...

howndamane
08-19-2004, 05:24 PM
You could ask I.C. to do the photoshopping. He is really good and does chops for me all the time. and if they look good when they are done i will probly buy one. what color are you planning on using for the shirts? i would say black...but i dont know about everyone else. i think a black shirt with white letters and all that would be awesome. or either white with black letters. cool cool keep us informed kevin.

88accordhb
08-19-2004, 05:47 PM
YES!!! kevin's gonna hook it up!!!

i.c.
08-19-2004, 06:23 PM
You could ask I.C. to do the photoshopping. He is really good and does chops for me all the time. and if they look good when they are done i will probly buy one. what color are you planning on using for the shirts? i would say black...but i dont know about everyone else. i think a black shirt with white letters and all that would be awesome. or either white with black letters. cool cool keep us informed kevin.

eh... i'm trying... i'm using a pic of justin86s car... cause i love it :rockon:

Underdog
08-19-2004, 08:43 PM
eh... i'm trying... i'm using a pic of justin86s car... cause i love it :rockon:

Yeah, that's the car I was thinking would look real good. Can't wait to see what the final product will be!

Not like a rock
08-19-2004, 09:47 PM
I think it would be cool to have silouhettes (too lazy to spell) of a sedan, coupe and hatch all lined up.

88accordalltheway
08-19-2004, 10:53 PM
I will be doing different color shirts with different color inks, as long as i can get a couple of shirts using the same ink ill be happy with that. yes it would be cool to get the sillouets, but i think it would be alot easier to just do the front of one of our cars, since their all the same, no one can say they dont like it.

88accordalltheway
08-21-2004, 06:11 PM
bump, anyone get the photo shopping done on them?

ehulst
08-21-2004, 06:20 PM
Someone give me a pic i'll draw it out....i'm known for my detailed drawings......someone wann post one of mine to show how detailed i can be?

88accordalltheway
08-21-2004, 06:25 PM
maybe we can photo shop ur drawing after...?

ehulst
08-21-2004, 06:29 PM
yah...can u upload em for me?

slowazz86carb
08-21-2004, 10:37 PM
Sweet kevin.im in.i want one.I hope the admins are cool with this.

88Accord-DX
08-21-2004, 11:52 PM
When you get a "final shirt pic" post it and make a price for what you want for it. I would be intersted. I seen your last one. Make a new thread posting your shirt and how much it is. Untill then, give us a price "what you think it would be" & what it will look like. Sure us 3g dudes would be interested!!!! :rockon:

88accordalltheway
08-25-2004, 08:57 PM
bump, i want to get this show on the road, if the interest has died this quick, shit im wasting my time. Anyone wanna help me get the design made?

slowazz86carb
08-26-2004, 06:39 PM
let me know what kind of help you need.maybe i can help.

howndamane
08-26-2004, 06:44 PM
im still in to buy one. get a few made and then let us know. i cant help you on the photoshopping or whatever but im sure someone can throw something together. if not whats wrong with just the 3geez.com design like the last ones? i liked those but you were done selling them by the time i wanted to buy one! i wish i coulda had one in white with black ink...or black with white ink....but yes get the show on the road.

ehulst
08-26-2004, 07:09 PM
somone E-mail a pic to meand i'll draw it out...gotta give me a night or 2 to get a swell job......i got pics just need someone to upload em.....

TheSummoner101
08-26-2004, 07:59 PM
took a stab at it, still working on it, needs more detailing, and finishes, was jus wondering what otherz think so far :P

http://thesummoner101.com/new/hondaOutline_sample1.png

Underdog
08-27-2004, 08:21 AM
Dude, that's sweet. Can't wait to see what it will look like when it's finished up.

88shavedaccordlxi
08-28-2004, 11:49 AM
hey everybody. im very interested in a shirt. i've been thinking bout trying to make one but havent had the time. if they are made and look good im in for probably 2 or 3 of them. if there are different colors. great idea

cm108kph
08-29-2004, 10:30 AM
I think I've already done what you're all looking for:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v35/cm108kph/Other%20Crap/89AccordHBvect.png

I'm planning on getting a hatch for a project car, so I did a vector of it. The wheels suck, but if you want it I can fix them.

88accordalltheway
09-02-2004, 08:32 PM
OK, started school today, ill be working in the graphics shop as early as thursday next week. I wanna get these done asap. Any more word on the designs?

ehulst
09-04-2004, 04:12 AM
whats the pic........post it and i'll draw it out so that u can just save it on a disk or CD and bring it in to the shop and play around with it......

88accordalltheway
09-18-2004, 10:45 AM
ok, im starting to get bored in graphics class, so i want to get this stuff started. How about this, to get more interest in getting these things finished, ill have a little conest. I need both sticker designs(86-89 accord performance and third gen accord performance) with the out line of any car of your choosing. You have to make these things look good together. So basically, i want the outline of the car somehow together with the sticker design. I need to to be black and white. Whoever has the best design will get a free shirt when i make the first batch. I have the sticker designs already so im me on aim to get them. thanks, and hope thats enough incentive.

88accordalltheway
09-19-2004, 12:29 PM
bump, cmon guys, dosent anyone have a say about this?

keruhas184
09-19-2004, 02:17 PM
i want a shirt.... ill definitely buy one if this goes through

AccordEpicenter
09-19-2004, 04:37 PM
put a turbo in the pict :)

88accordalltheway
09-21-2004, 05:53 PM
Can anyone help me out with the design plz??? Everyone that said theyed help me flaked and now i cant get a hold of any of them. Please help me i want to get all this crap set up.

Justin86
09-22-2004, 08:50 AM
both look pretty good but I think the sedan would be a better choice, either way they need to be cleaned up and more detail to them, wheels.

TheSummoner101
09-22-2004, 09:28 AM
sorry guys, im going through some shit rite now, so a bit out of time...ill work on it as soon as i get some time...prolly later on today :)

AccordEpicenter
09-23-2004, 05:10 PM
you need to get a turbo 3g shirt together!!!!

ehulst
09-23-2004, 05:23 PM
i'll start next week on it
busy this weekand with car.....PM me

88accordalltheway
09-28-2004, 08:53 PM
bump, any word on anything? Im starting to get bored in my graphics class.

speedpenguin
10-02-2004, 07:32 AM
just found this thread, i haven't been active on the site for a while... too much to do.
i will draw you a sweet-lookin' hatch if given enough time. i should have some of the aforementioned time sunday evening. i'll post again monday and tell you what i've come up with. i'd absolutely love to own a 3geez shirt

sporkHSP
10-04-2004, 04:50 PM
a friend of mine made one awhile back, he tried to use the board under the name "granny's 3gee" cuz his grandma has an LXi that was supposed to be his at one point, let me see if i can find it. hold on.

88accordalltheway
10-04-2004, 06:35 PM
alright, well i seriously need to do somthing in that class or else my teacher is going to get on my ass. I really dont want anyone to draw me anything. I need the sticker design with one or two outlines of our cars. I absolutly need this done asap if you guys want me to make these shirts. Seriously now, no more fucking around. Lets make this work please.

88accordhb
10-04-2004, 09:57 PM
hey kev, how about for the front, just have it as 3geez.com logo near the left nipple. and for the back have a kinda big :3geez.com 3rd gen accord performance: and have a small pic of oldschoolswap's car or sir. or something like that.

TheSummoner101
10-05-2004, 10:38 AM
...fuck it tomorow ill put some time into finishing that picture :P

ill get back to u on thursday (oct. 7) la8r

88accordalltheway
10-05-2004, 12:53 PM
thanks summoner! do you want me to email you the sticker designs? pm me w/ your email if its yes. thanks man. yea ct, itll be easier if its just on one side. cheaper to make and also faster. Good idea if i was a pro or somthing.

88accordhb
10-05-2004, 08:14 PM
hahahha well watever, i'm definitely down for my share of shirts this time.

FatDave
10-08-2004, 03:42 PM
will these be in 5x :rofl:

88accordalltheway
10-09-2004, 03:42 PM
its now the 9th...... so if im acting like an ass. I just want to get it goin a little.

88accordalltheway
10-11-2004, 04:14 PM
bump, should i just do this myself and do it half-assed?

88accordhb
10-11-2004, 04:26 PM
hmmm
i trust you'll have a good design, i just like a simple shirt, just one that says "3geez.com" and 3rd gen performance or watever. nothing fancy.

88accordalltheway
10-22-2004, 04:07 PM
I dont think the summoner is going to be able to do the tshirt design for me, will someone else please make it for me and help me out, time is running out to start this massive project, contact me via aim or pm if you can help. I will pay you to help me. thanks

ehulst
10-29-2004, 04:42 AM
Alright fella's i'm almost done with the T-shirt design......but i need a VOTE on what you guys want for wheels.....# of spokes....I my self am an black rims type of person.....but this is gonn be the 3geez's t-shirt so i want input from the board.....send pics of rims or # of spokes and i will be able to get this back to 88accordalltheway.....

ehulst
11-02-2004, 02:37 PM
VOTE

5 Spoke wheels
Or
9 Spoke wheels

Underdog
11-02-2004, 09:05 PM
5 spoke

cdscowboy
11-03-2004, 01:11 AM

speedpenguin
11-08-2004, 04:17 PM
6, all the way.

88accordalltheway
11-30-2004, 10:15 PM
f all of that, i finally got it done after waiting for everyone , i finally kissed enough ass with the summoner, he finished my pic. Sorry for everyone else that wasnted to do it for me( i know there was a whole one of you). Here the shiznits are:
http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/cali4nia/thgertest.JPG
http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/cali4nia/thgertest%232.JPG
Im still debating on wether or not i like the car where it is, but its going to be there for now. I get a thread up during sometime in december up for buying one of these mofos. Remember its all going to be one color. Tell me what you mofos think yo!

TheSummoner101
11-30-2004, 10:40 PM
me loves it.....ill be down for one :D

...fuck it tomorow ill put some time into finishing that picture :P

yea "oct 7" came about 2 months later ;)

Robs89LXi
12-01-2004, 02:10 AM
May I submit one for you to view? I'm just partial to coupes, I guess :). This is 88 EX-i's car (hope you don't mind me using your pic, it just looks so good).

88accordalltheway
12-01-2004, 07:56 AM
uh rob, if you can find someone to clean that pic up and make it look like the the one like mine, then i might use it too. It would just come out looking like poop if i made that on a shirt.I want to put the car under the words, maybe even on the sides, jsut not on top or below.

SiR
12-01-2004, 09:42 AM
and have a small pic of oldschoolswap's car or sir. or something like that.

Of course that would be a really nice shirt!! It must be a South Florida sedan thing.

Underdog
12-01-2004, 03:44 PM
Looks awesome! I think it would look better though if the car was to the left or right of it though. I'll be down for one when you get them made. Will you be able to make them on black shirts?

88accordhb
12-01-2004, 03:50 PM
Of course that would be a really nice shirt!! It must be a South Florida sedan thing.
i'd kill for a tee with your car on it.

88eyeguy
12-01-2004, 04:01 PM
i don't care what the design is, I want one! all the designs look awesome though

Robs89LXi
12-01-2004, 06:21 PM
Okay, last try.

88accordalltheway
12-01-2004, 06:51 PM
lmao, no comment. I tell you what, If you want, ill make that a shirt for only YOU. Everyone else will get the other shirts. lol.
The reason i put the car where it is is because i wanted to hide the back wheel, it didnt come out that well.(sorry summoner i know you were rushing) Ill see if i can put it in a different position and hide the wheel at the same time.

88accordhb
12-01-2004, 07:08 PM
i can't wait, atleast have the exact 3geez logo on the front since i already have the same logo on my car. but the back can be anything.

88accordalltheway
12-01-2004, 07:10 PM
ct, im only doing one thing and its going to be on the front. sorry bud.

Robs89LXi
12-01-2004, 08:45 PM
lmao, no comment. I tell you what, If you want, ill make that a shirt for only YOU. Everyone else will get the other shirts. lol.
The reason i put the car where it is is because i wanted to hide the back wheel, it didnt come out that well.(sorry summoner i know you were rushing) Ill see if i can put it in a different position and hide the wheel at the same time.

Sorry, I thought you knew what you were doing. I guess I did not read the first part of this post well enough.

Dr._8t9LX
12-03-2004, 05:26 PM
this is sweet! My only comment would be to move the Performace/86-89 part to the center on the first pic, not from the left sidelike this

3GEEZ.COM

Third Generation Accord Performance

TheSummoner101
12-03-2004, 05:47 PM
haha all gud man, it was partially to me rushing, and partially cuz it was too damn blurry. almost went blind for like 20 seconds trying to focus in all details and making the right lines.

as u can imagine, i said screw it and did the back wheel from scratch. i didn't use the picture u sent, however, if i get time (lol) i will try to make it a bit better, cuz some ppl want the car to be "on the side" of the "3geez.com" text

ill try, no promises.

88accordhb
12-03-2004, 07:04 PM
bah i don't care, get me one kevin. lol.