PDA

View Full Version : How serious are you about performance ???

Sean
07-23-2002, 07:56 PM
getting sick of the BS around here agian. if you want to go fast its gonna cost money. Free Hp just doesn't exists. If you Want a faster car your gonna have to Part with the green backs. here is a poll.

A20A1
07-23-2002, 08:03 PM
$350... but whats the offer?
Not sure if I could use the GM stuff you've been working on... I'd rather buy mechanical parts for the car then electrical... only since I'm carbed.

Sean
07-23-2002, 08:07 PM
im working on a very back burner project for you carb guys.depends on intrest in the gmecm's.if you carbs guys want programable efi expect to pay $200 more. not including the fuel pump and other hardware.

RCracer
07-24-2002, 03:21 AM
The amount I will spend on performance depends on how much more performance per $ and how it will affect reliability/driveability.
So what is the idea for people with carbs? Aftermarket EFI??

Site
07-24-2002, 04:20 AM
funstick - in all seriousness, upping my car's performance is my new hobby; a hobby which I'm backing financially. I've always wanted to have a car I can take to the track and also drive around and enjoy from time to time. I want a performance car that does great on the track and the street. My '88 LX is currently my driving car, but that will change in about 6-7 months, when I get my tax return. Until then I want to begin making changes to the car that will prepare me for the bigger stuff. I've learned so much from being on this board. I re-joined recently but I was on for a while during the EZboard days. I'm ready to start having some fun with what everyone here has worked so hard to learn and communicate. I see modding my carbed Accord as a challenge, because so many people say to ditch it and get fuel injected (although, thanks to Phydeaux and POScard and others here not so many talk like that now!).

I'd like to hear anything you have in mind for a carbed 3rd gen!

3_GENCYCO
07-24-2002, 08:47 AM
HOW MUCH BANG FOR MY BUCK $1000 IS WHAT I HAVE TO SPEND ON MY A20. I'M PLANING A SWAP BUT IF I CAN GET SERIOUS HP'S FROM MY CURRENT MOTOR:wtf:

Jdub07
07-24-2002, 09:01 AM
I just want to lower it 1.5 for now. But I have to be cheap for the time being. And lowering your ride the right way isn't going to be cheap...

OldSchoolSwap
07-24-2002, 09:54 AM
Gee... I don't know :confused: ...:D

AccordSi
07-24-2002, 01:56 PM
Let's hear some more about your upcoming project funstick...It does sound ineresting...infact I've toyed with the idea of returning to EFI (Haltech F9)and using the DCOE trumpets like throttle bodies. Whadya think.

AccordSi
07-24-2002, 02:13 PM
Let's hear some more about your upcoming project funstick...It does sound ineresting...infact I've toyed with the idea of returning to EFI (Haltech F9)and using the DCOE trumpets like throttle bodies. Whadya think.

Sean
07-24-2002, 06:03 PM
the haltech f9 is not nearly as nice as the million dollar reasearch ecms im planning ot use. the software sucks and there are no emisions feature. also drivebility is poor with haltech from what ive heard. the carb roject will ential breaking and efi harness down to just the efi I/O. then pathcing that wiht the gm ecm stuff. why make a new harness?? honda made a great harness.so it will require adding additional wiring t your car but it wont be as complex as rewiring the entire cabin and engine harness.

Site
07-25-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by funstick
im working on a very back burner project for you carb guys.depends on intrest in the gmecm's.if you carbs guys want programable efi expect to pay $200 more. not including the fuel pump and other hardware.

If i were to add this to my car, could i still add dual carbs as well or will this replace the carb setup altogether? I'm very interested in anything you're working on for us carb guys!

Sean
07-25-2002, 12:44 PM
you woul goto running the factory efi hardware ie intake fule pump etc etc etc.

AccordSi
07-25-2002, 05:23 PM
sounds cool...I hope your research proves fruitful...I'm keenly interested.

pimp86LX
07-25-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by funstick
getting sick of the BS around here agian. if you want to go fast its gonna cost money. Free Hp just doesn't exists. If you Want a faster car your gonna have to Part with the green backs. here is a poll.

I think people are a little weary about parting with the green cause theres no numbers or anything. Although, look what happened with the indigloo gauges...Personally, My accord isn't going to be my baby. not my current one anyway. Right now its just my little bitch that takes it hard and keeps goin.

ne way, keep up the good work funstick, your one dedicated motha!

Vanilla Sky
07-25-2002, 06:32 PM
i'd be $1000++++ serious about perfomance if i had the bennies to back it... i am in the process of getting a black LX-i coupe that just needs a motor... i have one, but i have to convert it to EFI to drop it in... i plan on doing everything i can in that time... if you have some good ideas that are "fairly inexpensive" that i can do while the engine is out, tell me...

Derick

Hoshizakido
07-25-2002, 08:09 PM
As long as i get what i payed for i am willing to pay.

Lockey
07-25-2002, 08:43 PM
we really need to do a dollar per horse power poll.... cause if 450 only got me 2 horse power i'd be very pee'd off :super:

Sean
07-26-2002, 12:13 AM
if you have a cam header intake exhuast bigger throttle body you need to reprogram the ecu. you losing at least 10-15hp easy.

Sean
07-28-2002, 12:06 AM
ttt

Hoshizakido
07-28-2002, 08:39 PM
ok so your saying with cam headers and throttle body i should get 10-15? for 450 hmmm that plus the fact that every time i upgrade i can optimize my performance level in my computer. that sound like a good deal. Here is a question though this system you need to adjust it with a computer so i could hook up a laptop to it and change things as i go?

pimp86LX
07-28-2002, 08:41 PM
i thought he was saying your losing 10-15 without re-adjusting the computer

Sean
07-29-2002, 04:59 AM
well my greater plan was to offer new chips cheap. these ecms aare not flash programable.they use eproms that need to be ereased and reprogrammed.my greater plan was just to build a library of calabrations then offer the chips to the systems buyers at a big discount. like $25 a chip shipped to your door. this is not ready as of yet im getting to testing very soon. i also have to build calculations which will be somewhat of a pain. if you want to burn your own chips you can get the equipment for around $300. this was just a less exspensive method than building a whole engine controller. who knows i may find a way to make the ecms flashable.

Shagen
07-31-2002, 05:05 PM
I voted $250 because you can get a lot of hp out of that coin. Buy a $30 glass pack muffler and have a 2" exhause built and it will be rather significant for a boost in hp without a kick in the Johnson in cost. A cold air K&N intake is is like $75 plus filter. Shop around and do the work yourself and you can probably get a header for about that much. $250 wont get you nitros, and you could maybe if your really good get a turbo for that. Realistically thought $250 is a great price range unless you start ripping your motor down and rebuilding it.

Accord_Dude_310HP
08-06-2002, 07:27 PM
Installation instructions for Tanabe Exhaust Racing Medallion.
Tanabe Racing Medallion (http://www.autosportz.com/exhaust_tanabe_racing_medallion_honda.htm)

Any help would be appreciated.

2Fast_Fiero
09-05-2002, 01:53 PM
Easy Exaust! But I'm soo serious, I'm importing a JDM Spec Accord SiR-T F20B motor from Japan with a LSD Transmission for my very first mod on my new 3Geez. Then I'm gonna spend a hell of alot of money on it, And spend about a year and a half working on it, every pay check will go towards fixing up my car, and to pay for fuel, Fuck eating for lunch and dinner, I'll live off my parents HEHE

DarknessRS
09-05-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by MSIAccord_LXi
Easy Exaust! But I'm soo serious, I'm importing a JDM Spec Accord SiR-T F20B motor from Japan with a LSD Transmission for my very first mod on my new 3Geez. Then I'm gonna spend a hell of alot of money on it, And spend about a year and a half working on it, every pay check will go towards fixing up my car, and to pay for fuel, Fuck eating for lunch and dinner, I'll live off my parents HEHE

Thanks for mentioning it the hojillionth time, it saved me the trouble of tatooing it to my brain :rolleyes: :D :lol

night
09-05-2002, 05:02 PM
wheres the $6000 section ??

night
09-05-2002, 05:04 PM
oh ya, this is also what bugged me way back when.
everyone talks swap, then i started a group buy straight through place racing and not a single person looked into it or even asked about it :rolleyes:

2Fast_Fiero
09-05-2002, 05:18 PM
Excuse me? I'm lost, what do you mean tattooing it to your brain?

86AccordLxi
09-05-2002, 05:25 PM
What he's saying is that in virtually every post that you respond to you mention the f20b yada, yada, yada, like we haven't seen it in every other post that you've made, along with all the crap you're going to do to it yada, yada, yada....

Alex

zerovisual
09-05-2002, 08:47 PM
I think they basically mean they don't care about what you're talking about until you actually do something. :)

2Fast_Fiero
09-06-2002, 05:54 AM
Well if thats so, Everyone else posting in here.....SHUT THE FUCK UP, because that is what everyone else is doing, talking about thigns thier going to do to thier cars, And if you knew the price I'm looking at for doing this swap that nobody has done before (ESPECIALY to a 3rd Gen Accord), You would get an "IDEA" of how serious I am aboug performance, exactly what the thread is suposedly about, but you know what, Since that remark from a few of you has been let out, I'm going to be the one to shut the fuck up, I'm thinking I should just stop posting anything because, all I get is hardkore shit over everything I say, I'm tired of it, and I've had enough.

Jims 86LXI HB
11-07-2002, 02:41 PM
Now your getting somewhere. The problem is in that you don't see your post's as being different than other's talking about their plans. But the other's post's are different, and your relentless in how offten you bring it up. Until you see things that way yourself, your gonna continue to hear things like they've said allready. Now it any of this sink's in, I'll be shocked, cause I know your not going to change anything. Oh well, more people whinning:sadwave: :argue: :confused:

smufguy
11-07-2002, 03:04 PM
OKay, in my opinion the so called 'serious performance' does not include an engine swap. If u really are a tuner and wanna tune a car, stick with the motor u have in hand. Cause as many will agree, engine is the heart, u change it, it aint the same. use the stock, modify it, customize it. Make ur own shit in ur damn garage. Come up with new shit that would adapt with the stock, but will boost hp. There are somethings that can be done on our own, its just we dont have time to do it. I am sure like 70% of ppl here know how to machine (using lathe or machine and some bullfrogs do know how to work a CNC :D ). Well, u want performance and wanna earn respect, cut the crap talk and do ur homework. Push ur motor to the limits with common sense and u will see, u wont even have to utter a word to earn respect, cause what u have done will speak for itself. This goes to everyone including me.

Thats my thought. :)