PDA

View Full Version : Still camber problems

ivanfbi
08-20-2004, 02:36 PM
OK, today i did the alighment, and i have all toes good, the cambers are about :

Front left -1.8
Front right -1.7
Rear left 0.1
rear right -0.4

So, I got the Intrax lowering springs, and car is pretty low with 1.7" drop
And i got the prelude arms, but because the ball joint was good, i didn't get a new one and left them alone, without touching them(i.e. didn't loose the nuts and stuff) so, what do i need to do, I have heard that it can correct the camber up to 2.0 drop, do i need to loosen the nuts, holding the ball joint to the arms, move them outwards, and tighten them, or what?

BTW, i am 2 washers on the rear, so if someone is dropping about 1.5-1.7 inches, 2 is what you need.

ivanfbi
08-20-2004, 03:11 PM
ooops can someone delete one of the threads?

AZmike
08-20-2004, 03:17 PM
You loosen the two 17 mm nuts on the top of the upper control arm and move the joints outward to reduce camber (then tighten the nuts back to about 40 ft-lbs). The front toe will need to be reset after changing the camber setting since moving the upper ball joint out will give you more toe out.

Busted_Blue
08-20-2004, 10:10 PM
dont worry about camber! The camber is not a big issue. I think it is more beneficial than resetting it back to 0.

ivanfbi
08-20-2004, 10:26 PM
dont worry about camber! The camber is not a big issue. I think it is more beneficial than resetting it back to 0.

I think its better to have it at about -0.3-0.4 than 0, but -1.7 is kinda too much, and i think i might go there again and show him, what i meant that ball joints are adjustable, cuz i think he didn't understand me...