PDA

View Full Version : Installed a short RAM

tozza6
08-21-2004, 04:18 PM
Hi Guys,
I installed a short ram intake a few days ago. I used a 6" length of tubing off the throttle body into the filter with a pipe going into the valve cover. It is much louder than i expected. When idleing it is the nice sucking sound, as i get up to 5,000rpm it is really really loud, as in the same volume as an exhaust(aftermarket) ...is this normal? i was just suprised. I didnt notice any performance difference but it runs really nice.
Thanks,
James

AccordAddict
08-21-2004, 04:53 PM
yeah mines like that but i have upgraded exhaust so my exhaust is louder than the intake but it kinda keeps up. i felt a diff when i took off my hood and went 100 on a main street.

Mike's89AccordLX
08-21-2004, 05:02 PM
Hahahaha probably 100kms/hour. I remember reading one of your many posts about how it's stupid to go fast on streets open to the public. I thought when you pmed me about stuff you actually wanted performance stuff and or knowledge. Having a loud exhaust only means cops will find you faster. It doesn't make you faster :) And change your spark plugs Autolites are trash no matter if they are platinum or not. Short ram intakes you won't feel any hp increase since there won't be much air velocity compared to a cold air intake or ram air intake. Hondas are imports why buy parts for them if they are made by APC "American Products Company?" And b/c they are just bad quality. I'm the type of person that picks something b/c it functions well not b/c it looks good. If your not that type of a person just keep buying stuff to make your car louder and riceyer.

AQcz
08-22-2004, 04:15 PM
I have to agree with Mike on the buying things for performance as opposed to look/sound. I discussed that in a response to a few replies AccordAddict left for a few of my topics.

I'm no expert on this, but the only thing I'd have to disagree on is I added a short ram intake on my car and I definitely feel a power increase. At first I thought it was only when I began to accelerate, but after really getting time to take it out on the highway I see that the increase is overall.

Either way I'm switching to CAI as soon as it comes in the mail. Not because I'm disappointed with the SR, it's because I can't be satisfied with something knowing it could be better. I also didn't realize how eazy it was.

About the original posters comment. Yea my short ram is loud is hell when I give it more gas. Sounds like I have an exhaust under the hood (oh and I'm not sayin that like it's a positive). It's aight though.

To sum it up for me the power increase is significant, but what made me most happy is the better gas mileage i'm getting

87AccordLXsdn
08-22-2004, 08:11 PM
why does someone have to be a "ricer" because they like to buy parts for they're car that doesnt make it faster. am i a "ricer" cause i have a loud car or parts that just look good and dont really have a function. fuck sayin he's a ricer, fuck that whole word. people do what they like. leave them be.