PDA

View Full Version : five speed..auto tranny...

cubert
08-21-2004, 08:41 PM
well..i wanna get another 3g before i go to PA...but all i can find is autos..so i think im gonna get a black hatchie i found for 2000 with only 68,000 miles..my question is this..would the 5 spd swap be something i could complete smewhat quickly? i read the how to and faq and stuff and saw between 2 and 4 days..is that working all day or no? im curious because i dont think the owner of the apartments would be too happy if i had a dead car with crap everywhere in his parking lot..and i have nowhere else to work on the car. I know i cold put up with a slush box auto for a while...but would definetly want to convert..thanks guys

88accordhb
08-21-2004, 09:18 PM
there's a whole how to on it.

88accordalltheway
08-21-2004, 11:22 PM
set up a couple of easy-ups and just cover the sides with tarp or sheets, that way your landloard person dosent see any of it. I would imagine it would be working on it days strait. good luck if you decide to do it.

cubert
08-22-2004, 07:07 AM
i read the how to...but you still cant completly guage the difficulty of the project just on reading. I do plan on doing it eventually..but i know its probably gonna take me ALOT of time having to go to school during the day and working at night. maybe ill attempt it before i leave. thanks for the advice accord all the way...