PDA

View Full Version : How do u get the A- Pillar off?

Mattphi
08-22-2004, 06:35 PM
I am installing my Pillar-Pod tomorrow...i dont feel like tryin to get this shit off without not knowing how. Are there any screws or is it just an easy pop off? Lemme know, thanks

88accordalltheway
08-22-2004, 06:38 PM
its preety easy, there are just plastic things being held with metal clips. start from the part of the plastic poece that is right behind the drivers head, and keep pulling down, when you get all the cliped parts out, pull back twards the back of the car cause some of the piece goes into the dash. good luck, get some pics when ur finished.

Mattphi
08-22-2004, 06:45 PM
Yea i am definatly not havin the best luck with clips lol, yesterday i was takin the modling off the door to repaint it...i got the first feW Off then i got insistant and retarded and pulled alittle too hard...broke the last 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ahhh so yea...gotta go get clips tomorrow and then goin to do the pod...then redoin the trim...and hell yea man, i will definatly take some pics...i have some new suprises that yall havent seen yet

Chubs87Accord
08-24-2004, 08:33 PM
best advice i can give... take it slow and be patient... i learned the hard way with my old 3g you cant try to be fast when it comes to talking things off.. i cant even tell you how many little things i broke because of that, haha.. YAY for superglue! lol

88accordalltheway
08-24-2004, 08:58 PM
all you really need are like 2 clips, and the rest are over kill cause it fits so tight and perfect in there. Crazy honda engineers and designers, always doing crazy stuff that has no purpose!

Chubs87Accord
08-24-2004, 09:04 PM
best advice i can give... take it slow and be patient... i learned the hard way with my old 3g you cant try to be fast when it comes to talking things off.. i cant even tell you how many little things i broke because of that, haha.. YAY for superglue! lol

Mike's89AccordLX
08-24-2004, 09:44 PM
Yeah when I took mine off to put my pillar pod on I used a flat head screw driver and pryed and then stuck little shims in along the moulding. Be very slow b/c old plastic isn't very flexible :)

Pm me if you need any help.

-Mike

Chubs87Accord
08-24-2004, 10:05 PM
...how the hell did i post the same thing 31 minutes apart?

Mattphi
08-25-2004, 04:03 AM
yea i got it all off and the pod is on...whenever i get some new pix i will post them

MrBen
08-25-2004, 08:18 AM
At least you didn't break the actual piece. Those things are pretty brittle.

Robs89LXi
08-25-2004, 08:49 AM
...how the hell did i post the same thing 31 minutes apart?

Time warp.... happens all the time.