PDA

View Full Version : number of turbocharged 3rd generation accords

Chadroper
08-23-2004, 11:09 AM
approximately how many turbocharged 3rd generation accords are there?

86LXItooFAST4me
08-23-2004, 11:13 AM
thats like asking how many people have two assholes, lol. on this board on the other hand there is less than 20 people. but there are more than that im sure.

Chadroper
08-23-2004, 11:23 AM
Are there probably more Dodge VIpers than turbocharged 3rd generation accords. I am trying to find a trim piece for a 3rd generation coupe and its like pulling teeth.

86LXItooFAST4me
08-23-2004, 11:28 AM
talk to people on this board, look on ebay, and hit the salvage yards is all i can say.

NXRacer
08-23-2004, 11:48 AM
Are there probably more Dodge VIpers than turbocharged 3rd generation accords. I am trying to find a trim piece for a 3rd generation coupe and its like pulling teeth.

what kind of trim piece are you looking for? and why does it have to be from a turbo accord???

I believe there are 3 running turbo accords and a couple that are very near completion.

Elijah
08-23-2004, 01:22 PM
I'm lost on what you are looking for.But I'm one of the few turbo 3g's around

A20A1
08-23-2004, 01:41 PM
Read the turbo FAQ in the Frequently asked question section... or look in my sig for the turbocharging link.

There are a few not added in either becasue I can't find info on it... or they are not a member.

Chadroper
08-23-2004, 07:08 PM
i bet its less than 25

RobT5580
08-23-2004, 07:08 PM
About to be the first JDM B20A turbo running in the US that im aware of.

Chadroper
08-23-2004, 07:47 PM
So i am going to have the first A20A3 turbo with a liquid-air intercooler and water cooled housing?

RobT5580
08-24-2004, 07:28 AM
I dont think anyone is running a liquid cooled one from what i know but there are still other people out there that dont post. I can say hands down Justin had the nicest street setup ever on a 3g that i know of. I wish he had that thing dynoed because i think it was putting out some nice power. I followed some of his footsteps and have talked to him a bit in the past to get my setup together. But to date i have not seen a better manifold or overall clean setup like his. I wish it was still around because his car is what inspired me to keep my accord and years later my project is 98% done because of Justin.

mykwikcoupe
08-24-2004, 03:23 PM
well rob does mine count. or is it more of a fraction of a point.

smufguy
08-24-2004, 04:01 PM
So i am going to have the first A20A3 turbo with a liquid-air intercooler and water cooled housing?

no, you are not the first.

I have seen Jhonny run water - to - air intercooler last time i was at English Town, NJ. and sean might have done a prototype on his car.

and for the number of Turbo A20s.

1. Justin
2. Jhonny
3. Elijah
4. Sean
5. (the dude with the crazy ass turbo design)

This is how much i know so far

TUrbo B20s

1. Mike Lee (never really finished it, but he did it tho )
2. Rob-t

So i would say not too many, i doubt if there is any more than 10. But there are quiet a few who will join the list of Running turbos on their A20/3gee.

RobT5580
08-24-2004, 07:20 PM
Sorry mykwikcoupe i forgot about that you had the air to water setup. And there are more people that dont post that are turbocharged so its hard to claim to be the first in anything. All i can say is if you want a decent turbo setup you need some money because it adds up fast and i know most of you guys use your accord as a daily driver so its even more important to have it setup right. Iv spent about 3x's more than expected considering i bought a fully built bottom end from Mike Lee. But i can say my setup is pretty much the extreme and has a lot of stuff that is not nessesary but i wanted a very strong setup that can hold up to high boost.

smufguy
08-24-2004, 08:30 PM
Sorry mykwikcoupe i forgot about that you had the air to water setup. And there are more people that dont post that are turbocharged so its hard to claim to be the first in anything. All i can say is if you want a decent turbo setup you need some money because it adds up fast and i know most of you guys use your accord as a daily driver so its even more important to have it setup right. Iv spent about 3x's more than expected considering i bought a fully built bottom end from Mike Lee. But i can say my setup is pretty much the extreme and has a lot of stuff that is not nessesary but i wanted a very strong setup that can hold up to high boost.

yeah cause you got a Quiaife LSD you BITCH. :lol: im just crossing my fingers that OPM motorsports has its clutch type or will make one for me.

A20A1
08-24-2004, 08:52 PM
i bet its less than 25

Did you look in the FAQ??? I listed most of the Turbo users for the very reason you made this thread.

88turboaccord
08-25-2004, 10:35 PM
I have pretty much sold most of my parts, I have moved more towards the turbo charge audi's Currently I have a 98.5 audi a4 1.8t, have upped the boost a little bit and added some other bolt ons, but I am about to sell it and buy an audi S4 (2001) nothing like 6cyl. twin turbo, six speed all wheel drive. It is a bit pricey, but should be fun. I still have my accord, sitting in my garage, with no motor, maybe one day when I have the time and funds, I will bring it back to life just to mess with people once again---mainly all the honda boys out here in socal who think they are the shit...

msgoose84
08-26-2004, 12:26 AM
i would like to know how the few who have turbo 3geez, made or found there manifold.

MoonScryer
08-26-2004, 09:37 AM
Some bought the manifold from Sean, the rest fabricated their own or had them made elsewhere. Check in the Pics and Project sections - there are pictures of Elijah's and Accordtheory' setups in some back threads.

Vanilla Sky
08-26-2004, 10:03 AM
i wish i had the monet justin threw at that accord... truthfully, if it weren't for him, i wouldn't have bought the accord i'm driving... even though i never want to turbo my car, he's still an inspiration... sean, too... i don't care that he's shutting accord central down... he's still an inspiration... in all reality, he works to much to run a business of his own...

i wish i had half of the patience that these guys have with cars...

A20A1
08-26-2004, 12:29 PM
i would like to know how the few who have turbo 3geez, made or found there manifold.

most are custom
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=37169
there are pics of their manifolds in that link
also in that link are links to other site that have pics for fabricating your own turbo manifold...