PDA

View Full Version : Does this look alright?

shane_lxi
08-23-2004, 10:52 PM
I finally made a for sale poster for my Civic. Tell me what you think (I didn't want to put it in the market place section because I haven't made a final decision on whether to sell it or not) Should I lower the price. I bought it for $2400 and I have done lots of work since. I won't get out of it what I put into it, but I just want a new car.

http://img54.exs.cx/img54/8985/forsaleposter.jpg

Busted_Blue
08-23-2004, 10:55 PM
very flashy..it turns me off as a buyer though. I prefer 93 Civic Sedan new clutch, new brakes, more to list. Please inquire.

shane_lxi
08-23-2004, 11:02 PM
Well, you have to think. Who am I trying to sell the car to. My target is teenage kids. A lowering kit means nothing to most people over 35. I know the only person that might buy my car is a young girl who knows nothing about cars, and will ask her 'daddy' to buy it for her.

88Accord-DX
08-23-2004, 11:56 PM
I like the best offer part. Looks cool, how you posting that?

NXRacer
08-24-2004, 12:19 AM
looks ok, but if the wheels arent included, dont make them such a big part of the poster. You're selling the whole car, not the wheels.

Busted_Blue
08-24-2004, 12:28 AM
Well, you have to think. Who am I trying to sell the car to. My target is teenage kids. A lowering kit means nothing to most people over 35. I know the only person that might buy my car is a young girl who knows nothing about cars, and will ask her 'daddy' to buy it for her.

I am a teenage kid. 18 doesnt count nowadays or something?

Good luck on selling it though.

PortugalFocus
08-24-2004, 05:03 AM
Very flashy, well if I had seen it I wouldnt have missed it, but the *wheels not included kinda turned me off. Why not include the wheels?

Cloak86
08-24-2004, 05:45 AM
Its a bit amateur...good information and background picture, but too many fonts...As a Web Banner and Billboard designer, I think its good to stick to one font in moderate variation...Also, the Wheels Not Included is a bit of a turn off...i like to drive my car home, not pay for a trailer...

But if i were a 15yr old hmong boy that just got his permit, i'd beg my mom and 3 daddies to buy it for me....... :rice:

SteveDX89
08-24-2004, 06:02 AM
Use a pic of the whole car, not the just the wheel especially if they aren't included. I'd base my decisions on seeing the whole car personally.

sporkHSP
08-24-2004, 06:33 AM
tone down the fonts and take the prices off, it would make me feel like you are billing me for the stuff you did to it,and if you are selling it that cheap with over 1500$ in new stuff, i would be concerned about how good of a deal this really is (ie, what condition is everything else in...). just my opinion.
and change the pic if the wheels arent part of the package.

i could sell my project hatch and put the same things on the poster... i replaced a brake with one from the J/Y, got a new clutch, and it has tokico blues in front. that doesnt mask the fact that the tranny is dying, there is a whole can of bondo on the body, the struts are at least 2-3 years old, and it has 230,000 miles on it.

88accordhb
08-24-2004, 10:00 AM
personally, the main thing i look for in a car is the motor, with an ad where i don' see the milage, i don't go for. that's just me tho. plus 3000 for a civic sedan is a turn off right there. lol jk.

adams86lxi
08-24-2004, 01:15 PM
i love it except maybe you should use a different back ground picture since the pic is basically just the wheels and their not included.

i.c.
08-24-2004, 01:27 PM
i also agree about the full car... like at a cool angle or something..

shane_lxi
08-24-2004, 06:15 PM
Um, let me just straighten some stuff out. The wheels that will be on it at purchase are 14" stock civic wheels. The signs will be on the car, so there is no reason to show a full picture of the car. The wheel based picture is to show that the car can look moderately 'cool'. I am NOT going to be able to sell this car to somebody interested in a car with a strong engine, so none of them concern me. The parts put into the car are over $1500 when proffessionally installed. I, however, did all the labor myself with the brakes, the lowering kit, and the clutch. Also, use the "rice" emoticon cautiously if you are a newb cloak, lol. Didn't bug me, but some people will get seriously pissed off if a newb uses it on their car. BTW, welcome aboard cloak. Don't spam, or argue with mods, and you will be welcome here. :D

TheSummoner101
08-24-2004, 06:20 PM
i like it, but i dont like it either....jus talkin about the ad....it doesn't flow (for me)

the whole red & green on black dont work for me, i like the rim shot, but like SteveDX89 said theres no point, cuz u not selling the rims......take the skull out, for gods sake ur trying to bring ppl closer 2 ur ad not drive them away

make the '93 Honda Civic' stand out more, work on ur contrast.....

my advice, keep it short and sweet...all u basically need is a "good" picture of your car, that gives the basic summary of it....then at the bottom of the picture u can list all the feautres and stuff.....

sorry for being harsh, but juz tryin 2 help ya out and how i see it :)

oh btw: if u decide to keep using that picture, i would adivce on changing the brightness of the background cuz ur text is apparently giving white shadow...so keep the background dark espcially around the tree area and sunlight spot...

shane_lxi
08-24-2004, 10:22 PM
Alright, here is the new one. Tell me what you think of this new one. I tried to make it a little more simple. I still made a bright header, just so it is noticiable to passers by. Tell me if this one is better.

http://img38.exs.cx/img38/9367/forsaleposter2.jpg

adams86lxi
08-24-2004, 10:28 PM
thats pretty good! I like it!

88accordhb
08-25-2004, 12:32 AM
i like the second one with the full view of the car. plus the obo. 3000 isn't bad for that thing either.

Also, use the "rice" emoticon cautiously if you are a newb cloak, lol. Didn't bug me, but some people will get seriously pissed off if a newb uses it on their car.
i'm not saying your car is rice, but you don't have to be veteran car guy to see rice when it's obvious. he's a newbie on this site, that doesn't mean much.

ivanfbi
08-25-2004, 01:16 AM
What the hell part of Wa is it? My friend is looking for a "new" civic, he has 7 of them in different body styles right now, and all are 5 generation, But i am not sure, about the price, all the previous were less than $1500.....

Cloak86
08-25-2004, 06:27 AM
That one is 99.9% better.....the 0.01% is the color of the green on the black...i would change it to a deep red or a smoke white.....But other than that, it looks great, nice fonts.

Coroncho80
08-25-2004, 06:30 AM
Its funny, on the first flyer it says, "Wheels not included" but the background pic is of one the wheels .... :huh:

Underdog
08-25-2004, 06:31 AM
What the hell part of Wa is it? My friend is looking for a "new" civic, he has 7 of them in different body styles right now, and all are 5 generation, But i am not sure, about the price, all the previous were less than $1500.....
Hoquiam is inbetween Aberdeen and Ocean Shores.

AQcz
08-25-2004, 09:04 AM
I like the wording and font that was used in the 2nd car. Makes it look more professional. I also like the fact that you used a picture of the whole car. Doesn't make sense to me to focus so much on the wheels when they weren't even going to be included in the sale.

If you're just going to put the flier on your car window it didn't really matter (I don't know if you planned to do that or post it around town?), but it looks better with the whole car.

AccordAddict
08-25-2004, 07:21 PM
You also forgot to mention how many miles are on it but maybe you wanted it that way... :dunno:

shane_lxi
08-25-2004, 09:44 PM
That one is 99.9% better.....the 0.01% is the color of the green on the black...i would change it to a deep red or a smoke white.....But other than that, it looks great, nice fonts.

That would defeat the entire purpous of the bright colors plot. I chose the green on black because it is the most easy color combination to read from a distance. Deep red, or smoke white would be nearly impossible to see from the road.

shane_lxi
08-25-2004, 09:49 PM
Where are you from in WA underdog. We should have a mini meat with all in the area of western WA.

Underdog
08-25-2004, 10:39 PM
Where are you from in WA underdog. We should have a mini meat with all in the area of western WA.
Port Orchard, right next door to the Bremerton Shipyard pretty much

my86dx4dr
08-27-2004, 11:32 AM
Port Orchard, right next door to the Bremerton Shipyard pretty much
close to the ferry port? :idea:

MrBen
08-27-2004, 11:42 AM
Port Orchard is a cool town.

Their ferry is a piece of crap.

Underdog
08-27-2004, 01:59 PM
I'm about 10 minutes from the Bremerton Ferry dock. Port Orchard has a little tiny ferry to take you to and from the bremerton ferry, hehe. Go Wolves!

shane_lxi
08-27-2004, 10:27 PM
Represent. Washington rules. I say we all have a little meet on Oly or something. Like a good place to meet would be in the lot outside Best Buy, there is plenty of room for a mini meet there :D.

ivanfbi
08-28-2004, 12:17 AM
Represent. Washington rules. I say we all have a little meet on Oly or something. Like a good place to meet would be in the lot outside Best Buy, there is plenty of room for a mini meet there :D.

hey, offtopers, what exit from I-5 (or I-405) is it closest to? if its not too much driving for me, I can come as well....

shane_lxi
08-28-2004, 10:08 PM
lol, I am allowed to go off topic, I am the thread starter. Are you talking about best buy? It's at the olympia capital mall, off the west oly exit. We should plan something, this is a good idea.

A20A1
08-28-2004, 11:44 PM
I wouldn't even show a pic of the car... just have the for sale (this part should be the flasy bit, nothing else ) and then list what you did to it ( black text on white background )... and put the price (make the dollar sign smaller, have the 3 larger then the zeros, and make the font simple. )

You may be targeting kids, but you want the adult that may end up buying for the kid to think that the owner... ( you ) is professional / responsible type, and that the car was taken care of.

A20A1
08-28-2004, 11:49 PM
That would defeat the entire purpous of the bright colors plot. I chose the green on black because it is the most easy color combination to read from a distance. Deep red, or smoke white would be nearly impossible to see from the road.

If you buy a for sale sign, you can rely on conditioning... or that association crap....

Like if you see a red soda can, even though you can't read it you still know it's coke...

or blue... with pepsi... but then RC cola has that too... anyways you get my point... for sale signs have that very generic red on black text with the white blank spot to fill in the info. People see a sign on the car with those charateristics and they go check it out...

TheSummoner101
08-29-2004, 12:44 PM
Alright, here is the new one. Tell me what you think of this new one. I tried to make it a little more simple. I still made a bright header, just so it is noticiable to passers by. Tell me if this one is better.

http://img38.exs.cx/img38/9367/forsaleposter2.jpg
looks much better....good work