PDA

View Full Version : Fire!

88accordhb
08-25-2004, 12:56 AM
just wanted to share a lil sumthin sumthin. i was on this dark mountain highway goin to santa cruz. i was drivin and 2 other friends. i was in 4th and i WOT it, it was goin up hill so the rpm is like uber slow goin from 2500 to 3000, at 3000 i let the gas go, i hear the exhaust do that noise when you wot it then let it go you know? then this fat cannon back fire noise, on there was an old sable to my right and we can just see the sable light up. my fren said it was the exhaust that did that fire blowing up thing. the old folks in the sable looked at us like we were crazy. but i thought this was kinda wierd because my car back fires but i've never seen actual fire. soo it did this like 100 times tonite. kept on shooting fire. i was kinda afraid of gettin pulled over, cuz i had 2 coors light. but yah anyways, the car keeps doin that now and i don't feel like puttin my cat back on. bah! anyone experienced the same in the past?

ivanfbi
08-25-2004, 01:01 AM
LOL, send the test pipe to me, after you will put the cat back in...LOL, I wanna try that(i have EF-i, will it be the same?)

88accordhb
08-25-2004, 01:08 AM
iono, maybe, it has to do with exhaust velocity me tinks. fo sho tho, when i'm bored with it....we'll see. i might get a friend to record it. i wanna see wat it looks like, cuz we saw some fat bright ass fire ones.

ivanfbi
08-25-2004, 01:21 AM
I donno, I thought, it mustr be some ponies under the hood+the right exhaust, to actually get the flames, and i have heard something about putting the spark into the exhaust pipe to get the flame...

ivanfbi
08-25-2004, 01:21 AM
ooops repost...

88accordhb
08-25-2004, 01:26 AM
wow, double post city, it's cuz the server is slow as shit huh?

well i thought that too, like you have to ultra tune it to get that fire but no, my car is crappy and it does it like crazy. the spark plug trick is not the same kind i'm talking bout, my fire is like a spurt of explosion, the spark plug ones hold the flame, it's like a flame thrower gun.

ivanfbi
08-25-2004, 01:29 AM
Like a Flame Thrower Burger from DQ...LOL

And yeah, the server is kinda slow right now

PortugalFocus
08-25-2004, 04:45 AM
yea that would be wicked cool if we could get some pics or a video

Blue Impact
08-25-2004, 07:57 AM
CT in the mountain? Backfiring? Don't tell us you were rally racing with the Sable, man. :D

88accordhb
08-25-2004, 09:43 AM
CT in the mountain? Backfiring? Don't tell us you were rally racing with the Sable, man. :D
no, but there was a pretty tricked out third gen tib, with spoiler and everthing. i wouldn't call it rallying either, you kno highway 17? i hate driving that at night. goin back we hit 110 on the straights with 3 pple inside. i made all the turns at like 70-80.