PDA

View Full Version : 4g idle problem

badmanferg
08-25-2004, 04:00 PM
hey, car crapped on me twice in 2 weeks, first the mech said some shit like distributor coil, today it was some housing shit under the steering wheel, what happened was the car would just fucking die on me try hard as hell to start but not turn over, whatever....problem fixed but it may be linked to my new problem

got a moving idle, shit goes from abt .7k and it'll dip as low as .3or.4k i turned the stereo off thinking that maybe that affected it but nah, i really have clue anybody got a fix or an idea? i really need this car for work an i can't pay for bills or lil man w/o my job *cry me a river* so anything is appreciated....except smilies i'll smite the man who replies w/ smilies....jk

thanks gang bless up

AccordAddict
08-25-2004, 07:05 PM
Check your ecu for codes. then tell us what it says. mine is moving from 1k to 1500k and drops down to like .5k and back up and repeats. i hve a code 12, EGR Valve, replace it if thats the prob.

PortugalFocus
08-26-2004, 07:07 AM
I don't remember but if the 4G has a MAFS that may be going bad, as for the fluxuation(sp?) in the RPM range, you IAC motor may have issues as well. But likeAccordAddict said check your ECU codes.......

Just a thought, do you have the factory cat on that car? It may be severly clogged, I see that happen here with a few Saturns here at the dealership. The cat gets so clogged and congested that no exhaust or minimal gets through and the car won't start. Try diconnecting your down pipe from the cat and then try to run it.

smufguy
08-31-2004, 05:41 AM
they 4gs dont have mafs. their setup is just like ours.

U need to pull ur Main relay (easier than a 3g, need a 10mm socket, flex joint and a 12" extension and a ratchet) and resolder the solders on the bottom.

Change ur fuel filter if u have sputtering problems. If ur mechanic changed the internal coil, he should have changed the cap and rotor too. Check to see how ur plugs are.

badmanferg
09-01-2004, 12:58 PM
hey thanks guys just an update, mech changed the "distributor coil"...(i think he meant ignition coil) an it fired right up but it its starting to fuck up w/ the idle again, kinda scared b/c i know its gonna crap out on me again....should i just get a ignition coil from honda? or could it be something else that's triggering it.....thanks

night
09-01-2004, 09:17 PM
the EGR ports will clog like mad on those and never set a code.
the manifold has to be drilled, rooted out, then plugged with little mini-water jacket looking things.
u can see it easy. there is a tube going all the way across the manifold from the egr.

also, clean the tb where the butterfly seats and take the idle screw out and clean out the carbon.

and make sure the coolant is filled/bled right.

and for the love of god, honda never uses flow meters :p