PDA

View Full Version : Mesh Grills

AccordAddict
08-26-2004, 07:34 PM
Um... i wanted to get a mesh grill for my 86 bumper but i couldnt figure out how to get that plastic grill shit outta there, here is an example of how i want mine to look like, anyone know how to do it?

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/436000-436999/436530_104_full.jpg

MrBen
08-26-2004, 07:47 PM
Uh why don't you try PMing the owner?

Robs89LXi
08-26-2004, 07:51 PM
Man, I like those wheels! Anyone know what they are? Accordadict, who's Accord is that?

MrBen
08-26-2004, 07:51 PM
MarioBurke

Vinny
08-26-2004, 07:54 PM
Try searching

ehulst
08-26-2004, 07:57 PM
Man, I like those wheels! Anyone know what they are? Accordadict, who's Accord is that?

They look like Konig Verdicts.......my friend has those on his 02 Acrd Coupe..18s...but they could be velox or something else...

shepherd79
08-26-2004, 07:58 PM
man, you are one major post whore. learn how to use at least 3% of your brain to click on SEARCH button and type " MESH GRILL".

MrBen
08-26-2004, 08:01 PM
They look like Konig Verdicts.......my friend has those on his 02 Acrd Coupe..18s...but they could be velox or something else...

No they're not. They are made by Katana. Not sure of the model though.

Edit: They're Tezza's

AccordAddict
08-26-2004, 08:05 PM
yeah it's marioburkes picture. and i already pm'd the owner like a month ago and he never responded and i dont wanna bug him.

DeathRat
08-26-2004, 08:18 PM
Um... i wanted to get a mesh grill for my 86 bumper but i couldnt figure out how to get that plastic grill shit outta there, here is an example of how i want mine to look like, anyone know how to do it?
I've done mine already, you can look through Car Domain page too to see how it looks.

For the Hood Grill, I suggest you get an 86 Grill as that year is able to remove the outer chrome strip so you can install the mesh behind it (under the chrome).

My Lower Fascia Grill on the other hand was custom made by myself. I can provide pics for the work in progress to make it though.

AccordAddict
08-26-2004, 08:22 PM
yah, whers your pics at for the lower fascia grill? pm or post, doesnt matter. thanks.

Robs89LXi
08-26-2004, 09:18 PM
Post. I'd like to see it too. Thanks.

ehulst
08-27-2004, 05:31 AM
I've done mine already, you can look through Car Domain page too to see how it looks.

For the Hood Grill, I suggest you get an 86 Grill as that year is able to remove the outer chrome strip so you can install the mesh behind it (under the chrome).

My Lower Fascia Grill on the other hand was custom made by myself. I can provide pics for the work in progress to make it though.

i did mine awhile ago but took it out, because i didn't like the look of itm but its a wicked bitch to put back together......since the chrome strip has to fit perfectly u gotta cut holes in it and make sure they line up correctly or it will stick out qute a bit and look shitty.....plus useing screeen doesn't help either... :rofl:

HostileJava
08-27-2004, 05:58 AM
If you want to remove the middle of the grill get your dremel tool and sandpaper out and get to work.

DeathRat
08-27-2004, 06:31 AM
yah, whers your pics at for the lower fascia grill? pm or post, doesnt matter. thanks.

Post. I'd like to see it too. Thanks.
I'll upload them tonight to my server & then post the pics for you both.

DeathRat
08-28-2004, 08:03 AM
I've now made a "Work In Progress" page on my Car Domain Page instead >>>>>> http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/491601/2

AccordAddict
08-28-2004, 01:55 PM
Wow that looks good! how many accords do you have? i saw one with eribuni kit, and another with stock body and grills, and another one.. ? so basically you cut out the plastic grill and just slip in a mesh one? does the mesh go on the inside or outside of the grill? and how does it stay on the bumper???

DeathRat
08-28-2004, 03:36 PM
Wow that looks good! how many accords do you have? i saw one with eribuni kit, and another with stock body and grills, and another one.. ? so basically you cut out the plastic grill and just slip in a mesh one? does the mesh go on the inside or outside of the grill? and how does it stay on the bumper???
Actually it's ALL THE SAME CAR! :lol: I bought the car last August with the Erebuni kit, but the last owner did a lousy job of attaching it so I removed it for the winter. Over the winter months I re-modelled it to my liking instead. The car now looks totally different now with the ground fx redone. :rockon:

As for the grill......You will have to fiberglass the mesh grill in or find another way to attach it to the bumper cover. I molded the mesh grill into my ground fx kit by using fiberglass, then filling in the rough areas with bondo.

AccordAddict
08-28-2004, 09:12 PM
so you took the erebuni kit off? is it still off? if so will you be willing to sell it? i got first dibs!!!

DeathRat
08-29-2004, 07:47 AM
so you took the erebuni kit off? is it still off? if so will you be willing to sell it? i got first dibs!!!
K...Letz try this in English...... :uh:
When I bought the car it had an Erebuni kit on it already. I removed THAT kit to modify it to what I wanted it to look like instead. I then re-installed the new MODIFIED kit back on this past Spring. Therefore it's still on the car & not for sale. The now looks like the pic below now.

Mattphi
09-02-2004, 07:46 AM
i have seen some "pop-in" kits on ebay