PDA

View Full Version : All For One Window Switch

HondaBoy
08-27-2004, 10:12 AM
ok, i dont know if anyone else hates having to push 4 buttons, but i do. i usually want all 4 windows down if i'm driving and although its not that hard to push all 4 buttons, i dont like doing it. guess i'm just picky. but the real reason is when i want them all rolled up. i usually get 3 windows and have to get the 4th one because positioning your fingers on the door control isnt that fun. anyway, i remember some car having a button that would roll all 4 windows up or down at the same time. i think it may have been a BMW or Mercedes. so i want to do something to that effect. the power antenna switch on the console would be perfect. its in the right location and my power antenna was replaced with a manual one so i never use the button. it shouldnt be incredibly hard to do this. i think i would have to splice the wires from the driver door controls and somehow run them all into the one switch. i havent looked at the wiring of them but i will soon. i know this isnt impossible, but getting it done is what will take the time i guess. has anyone else thought of doing this?

accordlxi2.0
08-27-2004, 10:50 AM
i know the new jetta have a feature when you unlock the door's all the window's roll 1/2 way down.

but that seem's kinda neat.

NXRacer
08-27-2004, 10:53 AM
why dont you replace the 3 passenger switches with 3 drivers switches so they roll down all the way with one click.

hondamanlxi
08-27-2004, 11:20 AM
hmm good idea nx!

'89AccordLX(Rus)
08-27-2004, 02:22 PM
why dont you replace the 3 passenger switches with 3 drivers switches so they roll down all the way with one click.

Are you sure it is just the switch that controls the auto feature? I think that the switch simply has 3 positions and the control box in the door is what controls the automatic lowering of the window. Correct me if I am wrong. :)

Ludi Mali
08-27-2004, 02:22 PM
i dunno why cars don't just come standard with those auto roll down switches, atleast from the driver seat. Auto roll up would be nice too if it had some kind of sensor that stopped it if something was in the way.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
08-27-2004, 02:26 PM
i dunno why cars don't just come standard with those auto roll down switches, atleast from the driver seat. Auto roll up would be nice too if it had some kind of sensor that stopped it if something was in the way.

Some cars already come with automatic roll up and roll down. I am sure I have seen it in some options list. Just my $.02

smufguy
08-30-2004, 09:16 PM
Are you sure it is just the switch that controls the auto feature? I think that the switch simply has 3 positions and the control box in the door is what controls the automatic lowering of the window. Correct me if I am wrong. :)

okay lemme correct you, YOU are wrong :)

the driver side AUTo switch has a special spring inside with three contacts that enable it to be engaged until the regulator hits its bottom most part and the spring clicks open.

Like Caleb said, u can replace all of them with the driver side Auto switches, involves some soldering, but its nothing u guys cant do. I thought of it when i first saw the lexus and jaguars have em, but just to get the 3 other damn switches made me not wanna do it yet. ;) but one day ill have em.

AQcz
08-30-2004, 09:23 PM
I know in the g35 if you hand or something is in the window it'll automatically go back down. That would be cool though to have auto windows on all doors. I only have two windows so at least I'd just need one more switch. Doubt I'll do it though

Ludi Mali
08-30-2004, 10:12 PM
it might work if you ran them all to one switch (ex. the power antenna one) like he suggested, and then just replace that one with a driver window switch. I know my antenna motor is crapping out so i might just steal your idea and try that.

88accordalltheway
08-30-2004, 10:14 PM
Im going to do it, put all drivers switches in the others. Ive been taking my door panels off and ive taken them apart a couple of times so im very comfortable doing it. Just need to wait til i go to the junk yard again, youll see, all of you.

Ludi Mali
08-30-2004, 10:29 PM
so its a race you want, eh? lol, tell me how it turns out, I was lookin at the panel with the switches and from the top it looks like its one solid unit, not 4 individual ones.

TheSummoner101
08-30-2004, 11:03 PM
i got a spare "driver side' auto roll down button, i might just put it in so i can have the driver side and pasanger side on auto roll, cuz those the only two i have lowered when driving :)

XJRiggs
09-02-2004, 02:31 AM
Another option may be to look at some aftermarket stuff. Many alarm manufactures make window control modules that would allow the control you desire. It will still require some wiring and maybe a monemtary switch to activate the module but it could turn out to be easier than changing all the switches.

SteveDX89
09-02-2004, 03:10 AM
I only have 2 switches. Hehehehehehehe. Coupes own.