PDA

View Full Version : PK2 ECU conversion completed

carotman
08-27-2004, 12:34 PM
Well, It's just to let you know guys that I completed the Pk2 ECU conversion (Prelude 88-91 2.0 SI)

This was easy and not too much time consuming.

So far I got no Check Engine Light and no codes. For some reason the 4 wire O2 sensor conversion seems to work fine with the PK2 ECU and not the PJ0 (Accord ECU)

I will tell you guys in detail what needs to be done in order to do the conversion (for those that want to swap a B20A)

Basicaly, I only had to route 2 wires from the enginebay to the ECU. I used the rest of the Accord stuff to accomodate the PK2 ECU. For example, the PJ0 ECU has a white wire going to the vacuum box for the cold advance solenoid.... since I didn't need it anymore, this wire can be used to activate the igniter.

You will also need to change a few pin locations to match the Prelude ECU.

Having an electronic advance is wonderful and would be wonderful for the A20A... I know someone wired a OBD-1 distributor on an A20A but I don't have any details.... I'm sure you turbo guys would benefit from such a conversion.

Keep looking, the real how-to is comming!

:cool: :alc:

thegreatdane
08-27-2004, 01:48 PM
Congrats! Are you going with standard ECU or are you going to chip it with uberdata or something similar?

thegreatdane
08-27-2004, 01:50 PM
Sorry I meant Turboedit.

adams86lxi
08-27-2004, 04:02 PM
awesome man! yea, tell us how to do it once you get the time thanks!!! Did you notice a big difference with the pk2 ecu over the accord ecu? THANKS!!!

Robs89LXi
08-27-2004, 04:56 PM
Having an electronic advance is wonderful and would be wonderful for the A20A... I know someone wired a OBD-1 distributor on an A20A but I don't have any details.... I'm sure you turbo guys would benefit from such a conversion.

Congrats. Yeah, this is exactly what I'm hoping to do with mine; go to OBD-1 for engine management. Nice work, and I'll be looking forward to the write up. How come you didn't just go ahead and convert to OBD-1?

carotman
08-29-2004, 07:23 AM
I kept it OBD-0 for now because there aren't any OBD-1 ECU that will make the car run on from a glance. They will all need some fine tuning. The guys at preludepower.com reported that theyr B20A5 were running lean below 3000 rpm with a PR4 or P75 ECU (B18 Integra). The Accord B20A distributor has already OBD-1 internals but uses a OBD-0 ecu style... converting to OBD-1 will be easy. It's just that I wanted to make the engine run the way it's supposed to before trying anything weird with the ECU tuning.... besides, I got the PK2 for 15 bucks..

Robs89LXi
08-29-2004, 06:02 PM
Ahh.. a man with a plan. Good to see. Sounds like you might have to up the injector size/pulse with the conversion. Do the Integras run a higher fuel pressure, maybe?

carotman
08-29-2004, 07:10 PM
Yeah that's what I think. I'll gather the information this winter and come wit ha solid basemap by next spring (unless I can work on the car this winter)

I will be making a obd-1 conversion harness too.

Someone should really try a OBD-1 distributor on the A20A...

Vanilla Sky
08-29-2004, 07:28 PM
when i get the money, i might try it out... depends on which direction i go with the car... right now i'm leaning towards DCOEs, but i would like to step up to DCOE throttle bodies... too bad you pretty much MUST have a good aftermarket ECU to run ITBs... in any case, i would rather have the electric advance over the vacuum advance...

carotman
08-29-2004, 07:49 PM
I posted some info in the OBD-1 distributor thread in the project central.

You guys could even use a PK2 ECU after the distributor conversion if you follow my wiring instructions (available tomorrow hehe)

The PK2 isn't really chippable so going there would only save you the actual OBD-1 wiring conversion but it might be a start.

Gregg86DX
08-30-2004, 09:22 AM
Hey Carot, what did you end up doing with the VSS? I have been real busy these last few weeks and have had zero time to work on my car, but I would still like to get the VSS sorted soon.

Gregg

carotman
08-31-2004, 07:51 AM
I completed My Wire Harness How-To.

Everything is explained there!!

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=31622

carotman
09-07-2004, 12:57 PM
BTW, this conversion could benefit the EURO B20A accords... you would get more power out of this!