PDA

View Full Version : power window motor dead?

Underdog
08-27-2004, 02:32 PM
Hey guys. I'm having issues with my windows now. My driver side window doesn't roll up or down anymore. it started out by not rolling up, but then when i wiggled the switch back and forth it started to jump up a little bit and then went all the way up. Since then I've got it to go down a little ways and barely get it back up by wiggling the switch. Well, I was driving to Wendy's last night around midnight and i couldn't get the window to go down so I couldn't go through the drivethrough and get food :omg: Do you think that maybe the motor for the window is dying? I also though that maybe there was an electrical short or something and that's why it was only making a connection sometimes. Another window problem I have is the passenger window. When I got it, the fuse was blown for that side so I replaced it. i was then able to roll down the window on the driver's side, but it would go up and down really slow. However, when I used the switch on the passenger side, it would go up and down fine. Well,,,now it goes really slow using either switch. Any ideas? This kinda sucks because my A/C doesn't work and now the only windows that work are the pop out ones in the back. :uh: Not that I need it often in Washington though.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
08-27-2004, 02:43 PM
Check the following:
1.) Driver side switch
2.) Control unit in driver's door (black box around the speaker area)
3.) Motor connections, test motor by hooking it up to the battery.

To help the slow window problem, get some silicone spray and apply it to the rubber strips on the bottom of the window and possibly the channel. Silicone lubricants have been known to solve slow window issues like a charm.

smufguy
08-30-2004, 09:13 PM
its not the motor. its not even ur regulator. its ur switch.

This is what u need to repair this

1. Can of Carb/Brake parts cleaner
2. Philips head screwdriver and a flat head.
3. Fine sandpaper.

take ur door panel apart and take the main control switch box.

Take the switces apart and get the metal parts in there cleaned out of carbon deposits with a fine sandpaper and spray then with the carb/brake cleaner to remove the gunk out.

Lube the joints with electric grease and then assemble then together. The arcing bwt the switch plates and the contact points is what causes this thing. Hope this fixes it.

Underdog
08-30-2004, 09:21 PM
Thanks, I'll try that when I'm feeling confident enough. I know like nothing about wiring. I can take stuff apart easy enough, but putting together is a whole nother story.

SuperStuff
08-31-2004, 06:15 AM
I just did this two months ago. I cleaned the connector contacts on my black box control unit with sand paper and then bent them very slightly to have a snug fit on assembly. My window works great now.