PDA

View Full Version : bad oxidation problem

sxy86accord1
08-28-2004, 10:18 AM
does anyone know a way i can get rid of the oxidation that is on my hood.. roof.. and trunk? it is kinda bad. I am not even sure if it can be buffed out or anything. Thank you for any help you can give me.

shepherd79
08-28-2004, 12:58 PM
try this product http://www.partsamerica.com/PartDetails.asp?SourceArea=&SourcePage=SEARCHRESULTS&MfrCode=NUF&MfrPartNumber=NF76&CategoryCode=3302

HondaBoy
09-02-2004, 07:58 PM
dont see the product Alex. it just goes to the main page or something. anyway, now i know that my paint was getting a bit dull. i did the polish compound on the trunk and never got to the rest of the car. but before that i used cleaner wax and it shined right up. i think you have the problem of your clear coat being deteriorated. if its like on the places you said, thats common. if your good with body work, you can do this. wet sand the places that are dull, try not going on the good paint though. like if its the hood and trunk it'll be easy not to do the fenders. after you wet sand you will used a cleaner on what is uncovered from the wet sand. then you'd do a new clear coat. best if done with a professional paint gun. i know a few people that have done that and it turned out really nice. but you dont want to try that if you dont have experience.

i thought i'd add that you use special sand paper that is very fine grit meant for this use.

MrBen
09-03-2004, 12:34 PM
Alex's link works for me.. you have to enter your zip code

Try the nufinish stuff.

I used ColorBack on my dad's 3g and it got rid of all the oxidation also.

sxy86accord1
09-03-2004, 04:45 PM
i found out i had some meguires colorX formula.. and that worked as well... i am still gonna use the nufinish stuff.. just in case.. Thanks guys

HondaBoy
09-03-2004, 05:16 PM
that NuFinish went wrong on my friends car. he had that oxidation in the same places, but it turned it all nasty. got all whiteish. i'd say use a polishing compound of some sort. maybe a clay bar and some polish compound finished off with some wax. it'll take some time to do that but its worth the time if you do it right.