PDA

View Full Version : AC and PS

88shavedaccordlxi
08-28-2004, 12:11 PM
i was wanting everybodys opinion onthis. i was wondering if i should keep the power steering and air conditioning or take them both out? how much does it truely help your car in performance? thanks everybody

shepherd79
08-28-2004, 12:48 PM
it all depends in what condition is the clutch on your AC compressor. if it is sticking, that it would be rubbing some power even when the AC is not on. but if it is fine, you shouldn't lose any HP at all.
PS, i took it off on my old car. didn't see a damn diff. beside it was a bitch to park.

88accordhb
08-28-2004, 01:05 PM
since my ac doesnt work, i took it off, i like power steering tho. it won't help much in performance, but without power steering you can feel the road and have a better sense of control on the car. you won't feel much of a diff in hp takin them both off tho.

accordlxi2.0
08-28-2004, 03:57 PM
yea, that's a waste.
i kept all, my option's plus had sound's in, and i went from 12 to 9-10 second's in 0-60mph time.

Vanilla Sky
08-28-2004, 04:57 PM
mine [both] were shot... i COULDN'T turn my wheels at all... i ripped the PS out and now i do wish i had a real manual rack...

the AC was chot, too... i noticed no power increase losing ANY of it, but it is upwards of 100 pounds lost... damn i want a manual rack.............

bullard123
08-28-2004, 05:02 PM
Yeah I 'll say leave it on man. It's not worth your time to do all of that work getting it all off without any noticable gain of HP.

88accordhb
08-29-2004, 12:03 AM
yupperies, plus if you want to go fast, consider a swap or turbo, that way ac and ps won't be noticed on or off.

A20A1
08-29-2004, 02:40 AM
you'll save on gas mileage...

I like the feel of no powersteering

and ac components gone you get a decent amount of weight removed as well as free up some space in the engine bay and you help your radiator breath better.

Low Tek
08-29-2004, 02:58 AM
you'll save on gas mileage...

I like the feel of no powersteering

and ac components gone you get a decent amount of weight removed as well as free up some space in the engine bay and you help your radiator breath better.

I agree with the no a/c, but damn.. gotta have the powersteering.. I lost about 100 LBS with the a/c an crap gone

88shavedaccordlxi
08-29-2004, 08:08 AM
thanks alot everybody. im still deciding but i think i might keep the power steering and get rid of the a/c

AccordEpicenter
08-29-2004, 08:16 AM
taking off power steering was worth 2 tenths in my 1/4 mi time... for driving the car everyday id keep the ps hooked up it wasnt worth it to me, even tho i dumped my a/c for weight reduction (i saw a small speed difference with it out) but then again my car is more for going fast then getting to work so hey