PDA

View Full Version : interior questions

89BlackH-Back
07-24-2002, 11:03 AM
I am having trouble pulling the door arm rests off so I can paint the door carpeting behind them, I took all three screws out and the part will not come off the inner door, is there some clips or something holding it on????also I wanna do a leather interior but there are not any leather seats made for 89 hatch that have the double folding lxi hatchback style rear seats, so I am wondering of the leather seats from a 1990 Acura Intergra would be compadible with an 89 hatchback bcuz the front seats look almost exactly the same and the rear seats are 99% identical if not exact...., can anyone help me out with some knowlage if you can my email address is [email protected] anyone help I can get It will be greatly appreciated.

DrMunky
07-24-2002, 09:06 PM
There are a few screws around the bottom of the door (pretty easy to find, they have those covers on them). There's a screw holding the plate behind the knob that opens the door. There are 3 screws inside the actually door handle. And, there's one more screw inside the vent at the front of the door. Pretty sure that's all of 'em. After those, just tug at the bottom and carefully release those clips, and it will lift up off the door.

markmdz89hatch
07-25-2002, 08:10 AM
Yeah 89BlackH-Back, like Dr.Munky said, you'll have to take off the entire door panel. There are screws all over, Munky did a great job explaining the location of all the screws. Something else you'll have to keep in mind, if your hatch is a DX, you'll have to remove the window crank. There is a special tool for this that you can pick up at an autoparts store for less then 5 bucks.

If you want to remove all of the plastic to get at just that vinyl door panel sh*t, you've got more work ahead of you. Once the entire door panel is off, you have to flip the panel so the back is facing you, and remove what seems like 100 screws, then, the inner door panel just lifts right off the rest.

**Note: When removing the door panel, remember to get the seat belt out of that little plastic retainer at the bottom of the door panel. Be patient, it's a pain in the @$$ to get out.

Good Luck.
Post pics when you finish that project.

89BlackH-Back
07-25-2002, 09:13 AM
iight thanx guys and yes i have an lxi so hopefully it will be easier bcuz there is not a window crank, do you know anyone who knows about them integra seats????

toastyghost
07-26-2002, 09:34 AM
I just ripped those sumbitches out because I reupholstered my doors with silver vinyl, so I had no need to preserve the carpet pieces. But if you're keeping the carpet sections, take the door panel off before and unscrew them from the back.

89BlackH-Back
07-26-2002, 12:43 PM
lol wow i now know y honda doesnt weight that much the door is basically cardboard, thanx markmdz89 i didnt have any problem with the seat belt loop at the bottom or whatever that thing is, does anybody know what the panel with the carpet is called because i have a feeling it might just be easier to buy black ones from and 89 sei coupe, and if you do not know the factory name for them do you have any idea where i can get them...iight ill let you know how it goes if i dont hear from you, o yes and i got pics they will be up soon