PDA

View Full Version : Front Right speaker always goes out!

AccordAddict
08-29-2004, 07:38 PM
Ok i have replaced the same speaker 3 times! its the front right speaker, it keeps blowing out the tweeters in my Digital Audio speakers. all the other speakers have been fine since the first time i got them installed. what is wrong here? is it bad wiring or something? and today, my tweeter started crackling and sounds like its bout to go out again. WTF!?!?!?! im thinking of getting new speakers friday but dunno if it will blow those also..

AccordAddict
08-29-2004, 07:40 PM
ooops, can someone please move this to Audio and security i forgot i was in technical cuz i read about SABZ post on extremely low power with stereo and thought i was in stereo. thanks.

AccordAddict
08-31-2004, 08:06 PM
ok so does anyone know what the problem is. and update: the tweeter blew out today AGAIN for the 4th time! WTF!?!?!?!!!

MrBen
08-31-2004, 08:50 PM
Turn your music down? :D

Ludi Mali
08-31-2004, 09:08 PM
what kind of HU / amp are you using, and what source do you mainly listen to cd/radio/cassette

PortugalFocus
09-01-2004, 07:45 AM
You may not be providing enough power to your speakers. Many times not enough power is worse than too much power.

If you have your music up too loud and your hed unit/ amp can not provide the power you may internally damage your speakers, this usually works most oftn with tweeters as opposed to mid or subs.

Try a different set of speakers.

Ludi Mali
09-01-2004, 01:59 PM
thats why i was wondering about his setup, if hes sending a dirty signal it could kill the speakers.

Vanilla Sky
09-01-2004, 03:14 PM
sounds to me like you're sending the speakers a very clipped signal...

change your wiring, and get a better amp for a REAL fix...

also, if you need to keep this cheap, just turn the volume down on the HU, or the gain on the amp down...

AccordAddict
09-02-2004, 08:22 PM
Ok the headunit is a OLD sony cd player. i dont know how old i got it with the car, but its very old. i dont have the speakers runing of an amp just the sub. and i also think the rear speakers's tweeters are blown also. so maybe this old ass headunit doesnt have enough wattage to send to the speakers? heh, i might get a new Headunit tommorow then and some speakers too. so do you think thats the problem? sometimes i play real loud sometimes i dont play loud, the second time i heard it blow my volume wasnt that high at all and it just WENT OUT for no reason! help, thanks.

PS: im thinking of getting sony xplode 6.5's what kinda head unit should i get as in power wise? or maybe some pioneers...

Ludi Mali
09-02-2004, 09:40 PM
depends on how loud you are listening, if you can hear distortion you are killing your speakers. Even if you have it just under where you can hear distortion its bad. Most people can't hear distortion in a test tone until its at almost 5% THD, and in music it moves to about 10%. And 10% is a whole lot of distortion.

Vanilla Sky
09-02-2004, 10:54 PM
i think your problem lies in the distortion...

AccordAddict
09-03-2004, 12:12 PM
so i was just playing them too loud? well today im thinking of buying some alright speakers like xplodes or pioneers or w/e. i saw some cool Dual speakers but arent those cheap? well im headin out now, gonna see what i can find...

AccordAddict
09-03-2004, 03:40 PM
hmmm well i went to pep boys lookin for some speakers and then the maintenance shop just called my name so im gonna spend my money on getting my rear brakes done then the speakers. i saw some old pioneer speakers for like $40 for 6.5"s but im sure there better than the Digital Audio speakers i currently have.

Vanilla Sky
09-03-2004, 07:49 PM
you need a cleaner signal, too... but yeah, a speaker upgrade would help... and dual speakers are cheapies... and don't buy from pep boys... go to somewhere that has at least DECENT stuff