PDA

View Full Version : what happend to k-mod?

89T
08-29-2004, 07:54 PM
it's been months since i ordered from these guys and no luck in getting a hold of them...
anyone know how to get a hold of them?
they have a grand of mine and i am getting to the point where i am going to have to take legal action.

i hate to be this way but $1000 is a $1000 i don't have to waste.

thanks

A20A1
08-29-2004, 07:58 PM
you bought from them and don't have contact information???

anyways, search the site for K-Mod posts... look at his sig and what not and look at his profile for e-mail things... the web site should have a phone number... if not then I guess you're screwed.

A20A1
08-29-2004, 08:02 PM
Also why post here, this is your buisness, it's not 3geez responsability to handle buisness transactions. We didn't order the parts nor do we make or sell the parts.
You managed to ship money to them... do you have a reciept?
Don't expect up to get involved is all I'm saying.

they took the money and ran... nay the site says they moved locations...

that may be good or bad.
http://www.kmodifiedracing.com/

Underdog
08-29-2004, 09:44 PM
Here's their phone number straight from the website: 908.447.4650

Cyric_accord
08-30-2004, 09:09 AM
I was a little concerned about K-mod when I asked them about a DC Sports Header they said they had in, wanted me to send in money and then see if they could ship... kinda strayed for a bit and when I had the money, he said they were gone

AccordEpicenter
08-30-2004, 06:43 PM
you guys should be asking questions like

WTF is happening to this board

A20A1
08-30-2004, 11:44 PM
How come?

89T
09-01-2004, 06:57 PM
a20 a1-
nobody said 3 geez was responsible....and if we were smart enough you would think i checked contact info and phone numbers before i spent $1290....
everything was positive.
thats why i chose them over accord central.
underdog
did you think i was calling another phone number? mind you'r own.

epicenter \
two or three thumbs up!

where do you people think i got info on k-mod and accordcentral?
FROM HERE!

i thought this is where you find parts and good prices with knowlage to install them.
Lets not mention support when one of our own get screwed.

Are we supporting venders or us the ones who work 12 hours a day trying to buy these expencive parts?

howndamane
09-01-2004, 07:07 PM
Also why post here, this is your buisness, it's not 3geez responsability to handle buisness transactions. We didn't order the parts nor do we make or sell the parts.
You managed to ship money to them... do you have a reciept?
Don't expect up to get involved is all I'm saying.

they took the money and ran... nay the site says they moved locations...

that may be good or bad.
http://www.kmodifiedracing.com/

i agree with turboed. if a business is going to have something to do with 3geez and advertise thru the board, of course its not 3geez.com's responsibility but it should be acceptable for us to help turboed with his situation if we can. i know i also inquired K-mod about some parts a while back and got no reply, this was when they were still talking thru the board about their products. im sure when turboed purchased from them they were still active on the board. i think it would be the right thing to do in a situation like this to help someone out, out of friendliness and because it is helping a fellow 3gee owner with a serious situation. there is not much i can do, but i feel that if there is anything anyone can do to help the guy out a little bit he would definatley appreciate it. not getting snotty, just reminding everyone that we should keep everyone on the board friendly and helpful because thats what its all about. just my two cents. good luck with your situation i hope everything turns out ok, i cant imagine having been ripped off for 1200 dollars.

89T
09-01-2004, 07:15 PM
underdog
excuse me if i was a ass.
it seemed i was getting dissed again. so i responded irrationally.
sorry.

89T
09-01-2004, 07:19 PM
howndamane
i hope i spelled it right....
thanks for the good words.

MrBen
09-01-2004, 07:20 PM
I hope you get your money back, or what you wanted. I can't imagine losing that much or waiting and waiting to see what happens. :(

89T
09-01-2004, 08:02 PM
i hope i get it back too.

Underdog
09-02-2004, 02:37 PM
No offense taken. I wasn't trying to diss you, i wasnt sure if you had called them or what so I just posted the phone number. Hope everything works out for you.

NXRacer
09-02-2004, 03:08 PM
thats sucks. 1000 bucks is a big chunk of money to lose. if you cant get ahold of them, you might be able to contact the DA for what state they're based in and see if they can get something official sent to them or maybe get a current phone #.

pervasto
09-03-2004, 06:03 AM
yeah they are actually in jersey and i live about 30 min from them never bothered to go in but it seems legit

michael.cabinian
09-03-2004, 06:58 AM
i agree with turboed. if a business is going to have something to do with 3geez and advertise thru the board, of course its not 3geez.com's responsibility but it should be acceptable for us to help turboed with his situation if we can. i know i also inquired K-mod about some parts a while back and got no reply, this was when they were still talking thru the board about their products. im sure when turboed purchased from them they were still active on the board. i think it would be the right thing to do in a situation like this to help someone out, out of friendliness and because it is helping a fellow 3gee owner with a serious situation. there is not much i can do, but i feel that if there is anything anyone can do to help the guy out a little bit he would definatley appreciate it. not getting snotty, just reminding everyone that we should keep everyone on the board friendly and helpful because thats what its all about. just my two cents. good luck with your situation i hope everything turns out ok, i cant imagine having been ripped off for 1200 dollars.
see, that's why i still go and check this site out from time to time. there are still people over here that are actually willing to help out a brother in need even if it's just an advice or whatever...there are just others sometime that do not have any manners at all, they are the ones that discourage new people that have 3gees from joining.

Robs89LXi
09-03-2004, 07:50 AM
So do we have any members that live near there?

"NEW SHOP LOCATION
RT. 22 EASTBOUND, SCOTCH PLAINS"

Stop by and see what the deal is.

carotman
09-03-2004, 08:20 AM
Some things like that will happen everywhere. There are places that are just slow to answer, or just try to screw up the customers.

Of course 3geez cannot be held responsible but people here can surely help you.

As a community, we're trying to get the most information and parts available for the 3g accord but many things are out of our control.

A20A1
09-03-2004, 12:04 PM
Excatly, they post here just like everyone else... we're not supporting their buisness we're just allowing them to post as we do all members... not everyone is discouraging people from joining, just ignore the ones that do.
It's asking a lot if you want someone to go down there for you and ask the guys whats going on... If I lived there I would probably help. I've acted as a middle man before, when people do buisness with members over here...

What about the BBB?

89T
09-14-2004, 06:30 PM
I finnaly talked to joey from kmod and to my supprise he was very helpful.....although he did not call me back in the time frame that he said.I then called and left a message a little drop of the word lawyer. He called me right back. Joey also told me that my cash will be returned shortly....we will see.

thanks for all you'r help...

now i need part #'s...lol....

wprocomp
09-14-2004, 08:51 PM
if you dont mind me asking what did you order that was worth over $1g?

89T
09-16-2004, 04:29 AM
I ordered front and rear camber kits, acl bearings, diamond pistons,scat rods, and 370cc injectors. The total was $1290 with shipping. I was pretty much getting her ready for a 14+psi turbo kit.

I did get the camber kits and bearing's, but the rest of the part's are M.I.A.

89T
12-17-2011, 09:24 PM
kmod made their first payment tonight. saying it will take upto 6 months to repay. Also after re-resarching the real total amount I was owed was $1170 :)

Vanilla Sky
12-18-2011, 03:26 AM
My question is why it took 6 years to come to a resolution. Seems a bit odd to me.

A18A
12-18-2011, 04:47 AM
7 years later?

still hope for the guys who where in on that group buy for b-series mounts then

89T
12-18-2011, 07:48 AM
I persued them for awhile then gave up. Their shop was broken into 2-3 times. I dont know the whole story, but I ran into kese on Ht. He has a new shop and decided to make good on his debt.

obdriver6
12-18-2011, 01:05 PM
The good thing is that you got your money back!

89T
12-18-2011, 06:37 PM
I am feeling pretty good about it!

Vanilla Sky
12-18-2011, 11:26 PM
I guess that's what happens when you put your shop in Crotch Stains...

ghettogeddy
12-19-2011, 12:36 AM
im still lost about the mount buy cause he refunded me right before he took off...

stat1K
12-19-2011, 06:15 PM
^ must be nice.