PDA

View Full Version : Number of characters allowed in the signature

Slavic
08-30-2004, 03:11 PM
Would it be possible to make the number of characters allowed in the signature not count the link characters, but only those actually displayed? It's very limiting this way.

A20A1
08-30-2004, 03:41 PM
I know I had the same problem.... what you can do is use the link without the [url] tags... and that should save some text... but when you edit the text again the url is there and is counted as charaters...

spaces and enters also count I believe as a character...

NXRacer
08-30-2004, 04:03 PM
could you make pictures for the links?? that would cut out some characters that is the name of the link. . . . . .

MrBen
08-30-2004, 05:52 PM
Moved to feedback.

MIK3
08-30-2004, 08:02 PM
Yes. This is a very good topic to post on. I think there should be some kind of exception for those people who's signatures are exclusive or are made up from the majority of only links.

Slavic
08-30-2004, 08:20 PM
Moved to feedback.Sorry. I wasn't aware the feedback subforum existed. It's not visible from the front page and I guess I wasn't paying attention reading the general page.

87accordlxi
08-31-2004, 05:24 AM
We cannot differentiate between characters used in image tags, links, or anything else because it's built into the software like that. The limit is 260 characters regardless of what you type in. And no, we won't raise it. It was set to prevent people from listing every mod or whatever they have on their cars and creating huge disruptions when reading a thread. 260 was chosen because it allows people to have a good mix of text and images without being excessive.