PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Cold Air

howndamane
08-31-2004, 02:35 PM
I bought a 92-95 civic CAI off of ebay and am trying to get it to work. the piping is not long enough to drop down like a real CAI should go so i think im going to end up cutting it and having it sit above the tranny. also, the throttle cable is in my way of having the piping sit right...and the airfilter is having a little trobule fitting where i want it to. and i also have a concern with some of the tubing that i unplugged from the stock air system. im not an expert nor a real mechanic so i could definatley use some help with all this. thanks. ps i searched for about 30 mins and gave up so dont give me that just help!

operator
08-31-2004, 02:47 PM
Well i was about to get one to for my accord. I thought they were to long and had to have 3 in. cut off them to fit. I am trying to find some info on a good one to get off ebay. I saw a thread a while back about buying cold air intake on here but can't seem to find it. The best place to put the filter is down in the wheel well where the old stock air box is. I hope you get some replys on this because i would like to know as well. On the thing about the hoses there should be only one.

mag_pbg
08-31-2004, 02:58 PM
The way I did it was a short ram intake and hade the filter sit right behind the battery, however if you want a true cold air intake then buy some exaust tubing and add on to the pipe you got, use the search and you should be able to find a website that tells you how to make your own cold air intake. As for va. lines you should only have one to worrie about and that is the one running from the top of your vavle cover to your new intake pipe, all the other piping you don't have to worry about doing anything with it.

howndamane
08-31-2004, 03:01 PM
yeah...there were 4 other tiny rubber tubes i didnt know what they did so i just ripped them off when i took all the stock crap off, and i know about the important one. i think what im going to have to do is go ahead and somehow get it to fit and work as just a short ram and let the airfilter sit above the tranny. i might end up getting a smaller filter that would definatley sit in there niceley. if anyone else has any other suggestions lemme know!

mag_pbg
08-31-2004, 07:06 PM
Just make sure that you don't end up sucking up water with the filter that low to the ground.

AccordAddict
08-31-2004, 07:20 PM
hey k&n makes a small air filter but it will suffocate your engine. but "ICEMAN" filters are long and skinny and im sure that will fit. um as for the 4 wires, i had 4 wires also, its important that you put them in there. drill 4 holes in the piping and stick them in there just incase cuz thats your vacuum and it will suck in hot air while your other tube sucks in cold and it dont balance out.

Underdog
09-02-2004, 02:27 PM
You have an 87 so you have extra hoses. I've never heard of anyone using a 92-95 civic cold air intake on our cars, but the short ram intakes do fit by just cutting off a few inches.

howndamane
09-02-2004, 06:21 PM
i got it working today....took some cutting drilling and manuvering but ive gotta little short ram action workin. tommorow when my dad brings a leather punch from work i can finish pluggin up what i think is the crankcase hose into the piping. wasnt too hard, my friend is going to take the longer peice of tubing that came with the kit and bend it for me so i can make it longer and have a smaller air filter sitting above the tranny. i will have pics up soon as i finish her off. thanks for the help fellas.

howndamane
09-02-2004, 06:22 PM
ps. anything will work if you play with it....im still working on trying to get the real CAI going just gotta get some piping done.