PDA

View Full Version : air to fuel ratio

alboy
08-31-2004, 03:11 PM
i did the civic intake mod and i was just wondering why it isnt as loud as some of the other ones i heard i guess cause mines carbed and theres is fuel injected also i was wondering if i need to ajust the air to fuel ratio since the carb is getting more air maybe i need to richin up the mixture to comfantsate for this just wondering thanks

NXRacer
08-31-2004, 03:38 PM
you're car wont sound like a fuel injected car no matter what. If you upgraded to a bigger better carb you'll get a little more sound because of the bigger carb, but thats about it.

accordlxi2.0
08-31-2004, 04:04 PM
if you have a cai your not gonna get that sound, but otherwise, plus take your muffler off, if you want that ballsy sound . . . .

AccordAddict
09-03-2004, 05:45 PM
Is it short ram or cold air? and before you change the mixture, get an A/F Guage and see what it says first.

shepherd79
09-04-2004, 03:16 AM
if you have carb, the air fuel gauge would be useless. it would take you forever to tune the stock carb.

AccordAddict
09-04-2004, 05:03 PM
if this helps you, my short ram intake doesnt make a difference on my AF guage its always in ideal. because if it did, it would read either rich or lean all the time.

but then again.. i have a FI engine and you have carb, dunno if that makes a diff.

accordlxi2.0
09-04-2004, 05:31 PM
i learned how to tune a carb, the idle has to be within 800-650rpm's, BUT no popping sound coming from the exhuast.
but since you have a carb with a civic and intake ya gonna have to do a little tuning.
in order to get a lil' more power, i suggest you should advance the timing , and richen the a/f screw and then turn down the throttle stop screw.
trust me you'll like it!